To ensure that we are actually achieving what we say we are, NORCAP is now looking for an experienced monitoring and evaluation professional to lead the development of our M&E System, facilitating key conversations on its scope and purpose, and ensuring that the framework and supporting elements such as theories of change and reporting tools are revised/developed as needed.
Duties and responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is responsible for developing an M&E System for NORCAP. The M&E system will support documentation of results and contribute to evidence-based decision making and learning. The work will be executed in close collaboration with the Head of Section, Strategy, Information and Support and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Adviser. Your main responsibilities include:
- Clarifying the relationship of NORCAP M&E system with existing NRC global M&E framework.
- Analysing and defining placement of M&E within other existing mechanisms for planning, strategy, reporting and communication.
- Mapping information needs, information sources & gaps.
- Designing the M&E system overview, M&E strategy and minimum standards.
- Creating underlying tools and templates, including Theories of Change and reporting elements, defining required procedures and IT platforms, drafting RACIs and revising JDs for relevant staff.
- Draft M&E budget instructions.
- Establishing an approach for M&E system launch and maintenance.
The above should be implemented through a highly participatory and consultative process which may include group workshops/focus group discussions, liaising with relevant staff and NRC M&E Unit and ensuring approvals on system and elements from the NORCAP management team.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, of which at least 3 years within the humanitarian, development or peacebuilding fields
- Master’s degree or equivalent higher education in a relevant field
- Strong drafting and document development skills, including policy and guidance documents and training materials
- Strong understanding of M&E concepts and approaches
- Strong facilitation skills, experience in planning and delivering workshops and focus group discussions
- Strong planning and organising skills and the ability to lead collaboratively across teams
- Experience from establishing/working with M&E systems for complex organisations
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative methodologies and tools
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a structured, proactive and independent way
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Ability to influence and gain buy-in for new perspectives
- Goal and quality oriented