Global health indicators show that there are significant differences in health outcomes depending on where an individual is born, lives and works. Health is influenced by gender, age, social identity, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural norms, disability, education, economics and politics. Therefore, one key aim of the Access to Health Fund is to improve health outcomes by addressing the social factor limiting access to health services. To do this, it is needed to use the skills, strengths and knowledge of communities to the fullest extent possible.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ACCESS’s ‘Health for All/Civil Society’ team on complex, cross cutting issues, working closely with diverse stakeholders (the Ministry of Health and Sports, international NGOs, local NGOs, Civil Society Organisations, Community Based Organisations, and Ethnic Health Organisations), including those who deliver programmes in some parts of the country where conflict has existed until recently, or is ongoing).
- Under the overall supervision of the Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Manager the incumbent of the post will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Team management and support
- Guide, mentor and supervise M&E team members assigned to two Regional Teams.
- Take an active role in the quality assurance of team’s deliverables
- Provide technical guidance and support to team members on M&E of Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (RMNCH) and/or HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria grants.
Grant management support
- Monitor and analyze grant / implementing partner performance, and propose any actions that may be necessary, including termination of, or adjustments to grants to ensure compliance with Fund policy and priorities.
- Conduct field visits and Routine Data Quality Assessments (RDQA) to ensure that reported data is accurate and in line with standard indicators, grant work plans, partner log frames and the 3MDG Log Frame.
- Provide effective feedback and support to implementing partners on their performance and data quality, and follow-up as necessary.
- Build capacities of Implementing Partners in monitoring and evaluation.
- M&E system strengthening
- Provide technical inputs into the design, implementation and improvement of 3DMG monitoring and evaluation system, policies, tools, processes.
- Under the overall leadership of the M&E Officer, coordinate operationalization of Performance-based funding.
- Lead the development and implementation of Value for Money principle of the 3MDG's system.
- Adapt monitoring arrangements to the realities of conflict-affected areas
- Strategic information and reporting
- Oversee data compilation, analysis and reporting processes to measure progress and achievements.
- Provide strategic information to the M&E Officer and Senior Management in investment decision-making.
- Support various external /internal assessments, evaluations and data requests.
- Support future programming efforts
- Contribute to national M&E system strengthening efforts.
- Review and provide technical inputs on research proposals
- Promote dissemination of lessons and knowledge sharing.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
CONTRACT TYPE, LEVEL AND DURATION
- Master’s degree in health programs or relevant discipline is required. A Bachelor's Degree in combination with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant M&E experience working with health programs is required.
- Experience of successful development and implementation of an M&E system for a health programme is required.
- Extensive knowledge of Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health combined with some knowledge of Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health programs is highly desirable
- Familiarity with the District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2) is an asset
- Program implementation / monitoring experience in conflict-affected areas will be an asset
- Experience working with Government agencies and NGOs is desirable.
- Mentoring / people management experience is an important asset.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills are required
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Myanmar language are required