Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Programmes Manager, the UN Volunteer Monitoring and Reporting Specialist will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide guidance to the Country Office(CO) in incorporating monitoring and reporting into programme formulation
- Provide quality assurance of program documents through review of results frameworks in order to meet SMART criteria;
- Manage the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes; ensure use of relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations are incorporated to programme formulation;
- Provide inputs to the annual work plan monitoring, reviews and reporting;
- Ensure linkage of Annual Work Plans (AWPs) and corresponding Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Plans with the UN Women Strategic Plan;
- Provide strategic guidance to partners and CO in developing Performance Monitoring Frame-works (PMFs) and Baseline Surveys;
- Ensure the allocation of sufficient funds for monitoring, evaluation and reporting under the two projects.
Provide technical guidance to the Country Office(CO) in and oversee monitoring and track-ing of results against country targets and UN Women Strategic Plan pertaining to the two projects.
- Ensure data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized;
- Monitor data from partners and beneficiaries on a quarterly basis and draft regular management briefs to inform decision making;
- Visit partners and beneficiaries to support monitoring of results and planning processes and provide technical support to beneficiary and partner organizations in planning, monitoring, re-porting, developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), development and implemen-tation of Baseline and End Line Surveys;
- Lead the review of financial reports based on contractual obligation;
- Monitor the spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements;
- Contribute to drafting and monitoring of the UN Women Turkey Office’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Plan.
Oversee reporting of results to internal and external audiences
- Coordinate and provide technical guidance to the Country Office in meeting internal and exter-nal reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process;
- Provide inputs for the corporate quarterly and annual reports; as well as for inter-agency reports such as for the relevant UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Strategy Results Groups and 3RP coordination mechanisms;
- Prepare result-oriented donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);
- Ensure use of relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations are incorporated into programme reporting;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and beneficiaries and provide feedback to im-prove quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Ensure the availability (including collecting and maintaining) of data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations;
- Provide support for reporting to UN INFO.
Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons and knowledge; as identified through pro-gramme implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Develop capacity development tools, including training materials and packages;
- Manage capacity building opportunities of staff and partners in the region/country in the areas of Results Based Management (RBM), Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E);
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of M&E among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities.
- Ensure coordination and liaison with the Evaluation Specialist and other relevant focal points at the UN Women Europe and Central Asia Regional Office as required.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Type of degree: Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, Interna-tional Development Studies, Gender/Women's Studies or a related field desirable.
Years of work experience:
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programmes;
- Experience in gender equality projects/programmes is a strong asset;
- Experience in the United Nations systems in an asset;
- Field experience is an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent