Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
- The Maharashtra Skills Development Programme (MSDP) has been awarded to Palladium and will be one of the larger programmes for Palladium India to execute. The Masharashtra Skills Development Programmes vision is to achieve socio-economic growth across rural Maharashtra. The programmes objective is to deliver skills training that is needs-based and relevant to local agro-economic conditions and skills gaps, supporting large numbers of small scale farmers and filling skills gaps along agricultural value chains. It aims to reach over 350,000 trainees through two complementary components: mass skills training , targeting small scale farmers for income - increasing skills provision, and individual skills training, which works with youth and entrepeneurers to support them into locally-relevant employment. The programme is funded by the Government of Maharashtra, which will provide overall leadership and senior leadership participation in ongoing strategic direction. The programme launched in October 2018 and will run for 16 months.
- As Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) Senior you will be responsible for assisting in the creation of a strong, effective link between the programme's MRM activities and MRM Manager, for proposing appropriate research approaches and for supporting the design of data collection, analysis and dissemination strategies and tools. You will also support in conducting research and gathering information for their work and implementation of monitoring plans. You will work to ensure a culture of data use among programme staff and respond to their data needs.
Major responsibilities include:
- Support MRM Manager in developing monitoring plans for intervention-specific results chain & assist them in the design of effective research tools, methods and plans for gathering information that can inform programme strategies and capture intervention results;
- Support MRM manager in designing Theory of Change and results chains;
- Contribute to programme strategies by providing data on intervention performance in a timely and accurate manner;
- Support MRM Manager in gathering relevant market information, identifying knowledge gaps and developing strategies to fill those gaps;
- Provide feedback on reports and data analysis to facilitate the production of internal progress reports as well as contribute to other official reports;
- Collect farmer & agriculture sector level data with support from data collectors on a quarterly basis;
- Ensure data collectors capacities are built, and are compliant with the guidelines mentioned in the Field Operations Manual of Maharashtra Skill Development Programme;
- Build capacity of partners and village agents on data collection, interpretation and use of information to improve market intelligence and business performance;
- Identify most significant case studies for the programme media consultant to document, as and when required;
- Support commissioned market relevant surveys;
- Support coordination and logistics of internal research and external evaluation;
- Support Annual Review process and follow-up and quality assure programme data;
- Support field level tracking of both quantitative and qualitative data;
- Manage data collection through electronic devices;
- Support supervision of data collectors and ensure data quality, verifying and approving data for submission into the online MIS system;
- Support any other MRM tasks and functions as and when requested;
- Support Maharashtra Skill Development Programme team with any other duties assigned