The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Programme Policy Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Area Office in WFP Dolow Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Monitor the implementation of the assistance programme at the local level, in close collaboration with the implementing partners;
- Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as food deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded;
- Supervise the efficient distribution of food items at the site and ensure proper distribution of entitlements and verify appropriate entitlements are distributed and provide feedback to Field Officers and others on the distribution;
- Assist in conducting of regular meetings of implementing partners on the commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues;
- Assist in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievement and constrains and provide feedback accordingly;
- Assist the WFP Officer and implementing and implementing partners in encouraging women’s access to economic skills development and sensitizing public opinion on gender issues and gender focused activities;
- Report periodically to the WFP Officer on relevant events regarding food management, distribution and other related issues;
- Identify any apparent issues in the programme and report them to the appropriate personnel;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: Secondary school education, supplemented with experience or additional education in Education, Social Services, Nutrition, Agriculture or other related field.
- Experience: At least three years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of statistics, refugee operations or programme related field.
- Language: Fluency in both written and spoken English and Somali is a requirement.
- Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages. Knowledge of WFP administrative regulations and rules, and WFP policies and procedures in the area of work.