World Food Programme, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Monitoring Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Programme Assistant and the overall supervision of the National Programme Officer.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication of English and Kiswahili.
To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area of Kakuma and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assist in organising food distributions; support preparation of the food basket, preparation/creation of FRNs in COMET, monitor food pre-positioning based on the approved ration scale;
- Offer capacity building to cooperating partner staff, leaders and other relevant stakeholders. Contribute to the identification of training needs and development of training content;
- Monitor Bi-weekly/monthly WFP food assistance in the camps in close collaboration with the cooperating partners, ensuring right entitlements are issued to the beneficiaries at the distribution sites;
- Support programme assessments and evaluations;
- Collect data on 10% food basket monitoring and ensure standardization of scooping materials prior and during distributions;
- In collaboration with the cooperating partners, ensure a gender responsive distribution system taking care of the special needs for women and other vulnerable groups (PWD, elderly, minors, pregnant and lactating women);
- Under the guidance of the Programme Associate, assist in planning/conducting regular meetings with refugee leaders and cooperating partners on the food assistance related matters; the commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements, sale of food aid and other relevant issues;
- In collaboration with the Programme Associate and cooperating partners, undertake Beneficiary Conduct Monitoring, Distribution Process Monitoring, Site Monitoring and Market Monitoring as per the monitoring schedule/calendar. Consolidate and share monitoring findings for appropriate;
- Maintain updated and relevant data/records relating to programme activities at the field office level for reference;
- Diagnose/troubleshoot food assistance related issues/risks and escalate issues requiring further action by the Programme Associate or Office Management;
- Contribute to the preparation of relevant programme operational reports (weekly/monthly sitreps), ensure timely submission of partner reports and undertake necessary follow-ups;
- Support the review of cooperating partner distribution and stock balance reports
- Keep close track of food stocks handed over to the cooperating partner by conducting physical inventory before, during and after distribution and ensure relevant documentation. Actively participate in scheduled monthly Physical Inventory and share updates;
- Supervise and offer guidance to Business Support Assistants in management of biometrics verification, helpdesk activities (SIM management, technical assistance/support on Sugar CRM case management) and related reporting;
- Perform other related duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience analysing programme output and outcome data, and their relevance to food assistance programmes
- General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards