The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) works in more than 80 countries around the world. In 2018, WFP assisted approximately 780,000 people in Iraq, focusing on saving lives and protecting livelihoods, supporting the Government of Iraq's social safety nets towards Zero Hunger. The situation of internally displaced people (IDPs) and refugees remains precarious following the return process that began in 2018. Through emergency assistance to IDPs and refugees, and recovery and reconstruction activities for returnees, WFP is helping the Iraqi Government reduce vulnerability and build people’s resilience and food security. For more information, see wfp.org/countries/iraq
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT:The job holder reports to the National Programme Policy Officer Head of Baghdad Field Office.
JOB PURPOSE:To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Verify the planned cash distribution by service providers, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Follow up the implementation of all activities by our partners and ensure that all data and information reflected properly and accurately.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements, payment process, and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items and cash to beneficiaries.
- Collecte assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, authorities, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports documenting programme implementation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
- Any other required tasks.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Preferably University Degree. Minimum, secondary school with addition relevant training/diploma and most relevant work experience.
- Language:Fluency in both English and Arabic.