World Food Programme , Al Qamishli, Syria
Closing Date for Applications:
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Field monitors are very crucial for WFP implemented activities following on the ground the progress of the implementation and collect the required qualitative and quantitative data from beneficiaries as to ensure achieving the planned objectives of WFP activities/modalities. As Qamishli FO is working in huge operational areas along three governorates, it is important to have big and qualified monitoring team visiting distribution points and activities locations on the ground and visit assisted families to interview them to collect the needed data and Info.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
- Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English languages .
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least three years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of statistics, refugee and IDPs operations, or another related field.
- Good data analytical skills and good communication skills