STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Degree of recognized university in Social Sciences, Agriculture, or a related field.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Portuguese.
- Experience: Three or more years of progressive experience in programme and data management, preferebly in the areas of development or humanitarian assistance.
- Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners or other stakeholders.
- Has cultivated productive relationships with local NGOs, government authorities and other implementation partners;
- Has performed monitoring, and/or overseen/supported with evaluations and/or assessments
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Process (activity) monitoring: Support with ensuring field monitors implement on-site distribution monitoring as per CO guidance for distribution monitoring.
- Process (activity) monitoring: Support with ensuring field monitors implement on-site FFA monitoring as per CO guidance for FFA monitoring.
- Process (activity) monitoring: Support with ensuring field monitors implement on-site school meals monitoring as per CO guidance for school meals monitoring.
- Process (activity) monitoring: Support with ensuring field monitors implement on-site MAM-treatment monitoring as per CO guidance for MAM-treatment monitoring.
- Process (activity) monitoring: When possible, conduct spot-checks during distributions and other programme activities to make sure minimum monitoring requirements are being adhered to.
- Process (activity) monitoring: As and if required, support the mechanisms for beneficiary feedback (e.g. hotline, suggestion box, etc.).
- Output monitoring: Support with providin standard trainings for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices in general, and, in particular, on output monitoring tools and methods in order to support partners to independently self-monitor and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Output monitoring: support with consolidating and reviewing distribution reports and invoices fro Cooperating Partners on a monthly basis.
- Other related duties.
This position will support the sub-office in performing monitoring activities within Zambezia province, and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance. The incumbant of this position will report to the Head of Sub-Office in Quelimane
These jobs are found primarily in WFP Field based Offices, and job holders typically report to Programme Policy Officer or Programme Associate. The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the office.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities related to monitoring that require some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in multi-functional team (WFP, cooperating partners, local authorities), and establish effective working relation with person of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good knowledge of statistics and experience working with statistical- and/or data collection software such as SPSS, Stata, ODK, and/or others.
- Demonstrated capacity/hands-on experience in capacity building of field staff is desirable.
- Good analytical-, problem solving-, and report-writing skills, and ability to communicate ideas clearly both orally and in writing.
- Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Strategic Management Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.
- Performance Management Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.
- Qualitative/Quantitative Methodology Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.
- Data Analytics and Visualization Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries
- planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.
- Programme Monitoring and Review Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
- Has experience utilizing WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.