The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring activities within Bekaa and Baalbeck Hermel Governorates and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance.
The post is based in WFP Zahle Filed Office and the incumbent will report to either the Programme Associate (M&E) or the Retail Associate in the Field Office.
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of either the Programme Associate (M&E) or the Retail Associate in the field office and the overall supervision of the Programme Policy Officer, the Monitoring Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Verify the planned distribution of food assistance, report issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity and quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Assist in planning M&E activities for all food assistant for all food assistance and livelihoods programmes conducted in the field office in alignment with WFP’s policies and directions.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of Ecards and program checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of Ecards.
- Assist in compiling, consolidating and cleaning data at field level to support operational decision making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support program reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in coverage areas.
- Assist in reviewing and preparing regular field monitoring and M&E progress reports for various programs including direct food assistance, livelihoods and retail sector.
- Follow set food assistance response processes and procedures for refugees and NPTP programs.
- Carry on monitoring field visits to WFP’s partners sites and contracted shops.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree in social sciences, economy, nutrition, agriculture or other related fields is a plus.
Experience: At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience with at least one (1) year experience in the fields of education, humanitarian assistance, retail business, nutrition, livelihoods, agriculture, refugee operation or other related fields.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is an advantage.