Monitoring & Evaluation
Norwegian Refugee Council, South Asia, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of a Monitoring &Evaluation Technical Assistant Position is to contribute with specific technical competences to project implementation. This position will normally not entail management responsibility of staff,but under certain circumstances the job may entail management responsibility for a very limited number of staff at assistant level. These circumstances can either be related to a time-bound support or permanent but in scope limited administrative support.If supervision of technical or a wider range of staff is needed, the position of Team Leader is to be used.
Note: For more details about the position, kindly refer to the job description attached at the bottom
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the CC portfolio according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Progress monitoring of shelters in construction stages, identify the quality of material in the field and verify shelters completion, handing over and occupancy.
- Progress monitoring of Wash activities (hygiene, Latrines& bore wells), participate in hygiene trainings, participation in bore well site and beneficiary selection and identify bore wells pump installation and handing over to the community.
- Progress monitoring of Emergency activities, participation in emergency intervention (Cash, NFI and other) and do PDM (Post distribution monitoring).
- Progress monitoring of Education activities (ALP classes and SIP), participate with education team in need assessment of SIP.
- Progress monitoring of ICLA (legal, information and counseling) and as well as monitoring of ICLA sensitization and capacity building trainings.
- Assist in analyzing and compiling data to measure the progress and impact of projects’ activities;
- All program data are accurately collected and reported.
- Maintains field-book by documenting all elements monitored and supports the database team for effective data entry and management while assisting the M&E Coordinator for having regular data flow;
- Planning the work and field visits according to the key stages of projects implementation
- Regular participate at field visits and monitor the proceed activities;
- Develop and maintain database backup and filing systems;
- Requires travel to provinces (Laghman&Kunar).
- Regular Report to Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
- Any other reasonable tasks as instructed by M&E Coordinator.
- Support in standardizing M&E across projects
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools and in actual data collection, as needed
- Support in data management and development of clear information flow between programme and M&E staff, as needed
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported in a timely manner to relevant programme and managerial staff
- Capacity building and training of programme staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in (Literature, BBA & BCS)
- At least 2-3 years of active professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably under emergency or post-conflict setting.
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and
- ideally a relevant vocational qualification
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Strong, professional, oral and written English communication skills;Computer skills, including MS Office (Power point, Word, Excel);
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect