Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant
Danish Refugee Council, Rhino Camp, Uganda
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Overall purpose of the role:
The main purpose of this position is to conduct/implement comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and learning initiatives of DRC program in Rhino Camp, to ensure that Project activities meet the highest standards possible, and contribute to improving the capacity resilience of persons of concerns in Westnile.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare annual project monitoring plan
- Develop and share with all sectors performance indicators
- Conduct routine project implementation monitoring and share monthly monitoring reports
- Conduct Baseline assessment, midterm and Endline evaluation for all new projects
- Represent DRC in joint partners’ coordination meetings and performance monitoring and assessments
- Conduct data quality, take lead in the data management, reporting and presenting the report before stakeholders.
- Take lead in identifying and/or conducting learning events
- Take lead in documenting key success stories, best practices and lessons from projects
Experience and technical competencies:
- A minimum of 2 years of MEAL experience with International humanitarian organization or NGO field.
- Technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Analytical, presentation, and report writing skills.
- Experience using software applications such as Excel, Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA.
- Previous experience with electronic or mobile data collection
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent skills in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, outlook Power Point).
- University degree in statistics, economics, social sciences or related discipline
- MEAL training is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken in the operation area is an asset.