The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job :
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer will support the effective monitoring and evaluation of programmes aimed at protecting and promoting the safety, rights and agency of Libyan IDPs, migrants, refugees and other vulnerable populations. To this end, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer will be responsible for conducting monitoring visits, data collection and analysis, supporting tool design and collecting M&E information from field sites and activities.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Conduct data collection in accordance with the M&E plan, including use of various monitoring and assessment tools, such as surveys, focus group discussions, interviews, and pre- and post- training questionnaires
- Gather feedback from beneficiaries and community stakeholders on activity implementation, outcome and impact
- Contribute to the design and translation of M&E tools
- Maintain the DRC Beneficiary Complaints and Feedback Mechanism to ensure accountability to the targeted communities.
- Update programme indicator performance tracker on a monthly basi
- Ensure monitoring schedule, data collection targets, and reporting deadlines are adhered to
- Draft and share with the MEAL Manager the daily/weekly/monthly work plan
- Uphold the professional standards related to the provision of humanitarian assistance, as well as DRC's Code of Conduct, and ensure their compliance within project activities
- Liaise with programme teams to regularly organize and conduct monitoring visits to target communities to monitor implementation quality and progress
- Assist with other duties as required by the MEAL Manager
- Contribute to organizational learning through support of programme in learning documentation.
- Document lessons learnt based on monitoring activities.
- Conduct relevant data collection activities to further advance organizational learning.
- Draft monitoring reports recording results of monitoring activities (progress and quality)
- As necessary, contribute requested inputs towards monthly or quarterly donor reports
- Complete all necessary operations support tasks (relating to role), including related to administration, finances and logistics, in compliance with internal directive and policies as communicated by the MEAL Manager and/or the relevant DRC support departments
- Facilitate links between M&E and programme department activities as necessary
- Conduct other tasks as requested by the line manager for the effective implementation of DRC’s project
- Minimum 2 years M&E experience with an INGO or NGO providing humanitarian assistance
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of Core Humanitarian Standard
- Skills and experience in project/program planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Preferred: experience with monitoring reporting and data analysis
- Willingness to travel and visit field
- Self-motivated and organized with a demonstrated capacity to manage time and personal work plan
- Experience using survey and/or database software and tools
- High-level of computer literacy (knowledge of MS Excel and Word)
We are also expecting:
- Bachelor degree/ in social sciences, humanities, quantitative/qualitative research methods, public health, any other related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.