PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Monitoring & Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator, Emergency Food Security Project (EFSP) will be based on Ukhiya with frequently visits to working areas to ensure the quality of the response operation through effective MEAL system implementation including monitoring, accountability initiatives, support baseline and evaluations, compile lessons learnt collaboratively with field staff and other partners of the program. The MEAL Coordinator is responsible for following up the Accountability Team, MEAL Officers assigned to him/her and MEAL plan on a daily basis. She/He is also responsible for collecting project and program data from the field according to the set M&E plans and processing the data collected into usable formats for analysis. She/He will also have oversight on Customer Relations Management (CRM) implementation and effectiveness.
The MEAL Coordinator will be reporting to Project Manager-EFSP with Matrix Reporting to MEAL Specialist.
- Assuring effective and evidence base DME systems to deliver quality programme outcome across the response:
- Responsible for the implementation of different pre and post assessment, including sample selection, data collection, data entry, data analysis, data validation, reporting, etc. as per the sector / project base assessment /baseline plan.
- Ensure reliability and accuracy of project level data (qualitative and quantitative) by establishing a data quality assurance plan and incorporating feedback from data quality assessments.
- Effectively plan, implement, deliver and monitor PDM process to ensure the timely and effective donor communication and internal decision making.
- Develop project base MEAL plan with collaboration and coordination peer MEAL staff and sector staff.
- Regular analysis of monitoring data carried out and relevant data shared appropriately.
- Strengthen QA mechanisms & evidence based system for the decision making within cross functional operation team.
- Oversight on CRM.
Increasing MEAL capacity of staff to ensure programme quality:
- Organize learning events and apply blended learning methods to ensure to address the MEAL capacity gaps in field operation staff.
- Facilitate capacity building event for the staff and partners on knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary for effective MEAL through training and coaching event frequently.
- Ensure the all project staff understand their roles and responsibilities in collecting, analyzing and using MEAL data/ information for decision-making, and work with staff to operationalize outcome measurement and data collection using established processes, procedures and the project MEAL plan.
- Update the partners, and relevant stakeholders on required DME process, standard and systems.
- Establishing effective community led monitoring system and accountability system for sustaining response actions:
- Effectively monitor the community led monitoring system.
- Apply the community led monitoring findings as the inputs ongoing and upcoming projects.
- Ensure to disseminate the program designs and MEAL plan with working groups and partners appropriately to the context.
- Monitoring of HAF and accountability indicators, as part of process tracking at project level.
- Set up simple systems to manage the information generated by community led monitoring to inform the decision for strengthening the accountability system with strong coordination with accountability coordinator.
- Facilitating to the bring the effective learning culture to the response environment:
- Developing Effective learning & knowledge management system to disseminate the learnings for decision making.
- Conduct reflections and learning events at field, project and sector level.
- Cross learning is documented and shared with appropriate group/stakeholders.
- Conduct simple data analysis and present and disseminate evidences for decision.
- Ensure the availability of project information on time/ update in data repository as appropriate.
- Ensure the reflection findings quickly been incorporated into the current and future projects in response.
Manage Staff Performance:
- Oversee the work of the MEAL Coordinators ensuring that the tasks are completed properly.
- Ensure optimization of subordinates potentials through coaching, on-the-job training, and capacity building.
- Effectively manage the performance of direct reports ensuring performance agreements, regular performance discussions, and annual appraisal are done.
Perform other duties as required:
- Increasing demonstration and understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values in the approach to work and relationships in response environment.
- Update the knowledge and capacity of his/her own, on new partnership DM initiatives, and our response MEAL mechanisms.
- Participate for the trainings and other necessary training and workshops as required.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Master degree in Social Sciences/Statistics/Development Management/International Development or relevant field.
- Understand poverty issues, development theories and holistic development.
- Training and Facilitation skills.
- Proven report wring skills.
- Proven management and leadership ability.
- Proven experience as a team player.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Emergency Response.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in M&E.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Community Development experience.
- Excellent Computer skills in MS office, SPSS, Epi info ,NViVO and other statistical packages.
- Project PRO License.
- Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs.
- Good analytical skills.
- Creativity and innovation.
- The position requires field visits up to 20% to 30% and ability and willingness to travel response.
- Office up to 10% to 20% of the time.