Overall purpose of the role:
The NURI MEAL Coordinator will be responsible for planning, management and oversight of all Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning including data collection and quality assurance processes and products under the Danida funded Northern Uganda Resilience Initiative (NURI) project. S/he ensures continuous monitoring and full final verification of all infrastructure projects implemented on both the Rural Infrastructure (RI) and the Water Resource Management (WRM) components of the project through the use of appropriate approaches and technologies. S/he ensures the quality of the full data management cycle from collection to storing and analysis of data. The MEAL Coordinator leads and facilitates learning and documentation processes on the NURI project and ensures learning is captured and reflected back in internal learning cycles as well as to external stakeholders. The MEAL Coordinator will work with the NURI Project Manager and the NURI Finance and Administration Manager on ensuring value for money analysis of the RI and WRM project components and will provide support to the Project Manager on reporting and ensuring accuracy and quality of project information and documentation. S/he will work with the project team to ensure appropriate and functional humanitarian accountability mechanisms are established in all project locations to facilitate information capture, analysis and provision of feedback to beneficiary communities. The NURI MEAL Coordinator will work closely with the three field based NURI MEAL Assistants on the above tasks
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assessment, Design and Planning
- Provide technical support to project managers and MEAL Assistants in community level planning for NURI project, ensuring workplans for all districts developed with input of the key project stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance in assessments as appropriate and as per need and in agreement with NURI Project Manager and PQAM.
Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Planning, management and oversight of all data collection and quality assurance processes under the NURI project.
- Ensures continuous monitoring and full final verification of all infrastructure projects implemented on both the Rural Infrastructure (RI) and the Water Resource Management (WRM) components of the project through the use of efficient workflows and appropriate technologies - including Kobo Toolbox and GIS/mapping technology. Ensure key indicators are identified, monitored and reported on in line with the project M & E Plan, DRC and donor standards
- Ensures quality of the full data management cycle from collection to storing and analysis of data and ensures verification and accuracy of all data.
- Collaborates with the NURI Project Manager and the NURI Finance and Administration Manager on ensuring value for money analysis of the RI and WRM project components are carried out.
- Provides support to the Project Manager on reporting and in ensuring accuracy and quality of all project information and documentation presented internally and externally.
- Ensures appropriate, efficient and solid Information Management practices on the NURI project including the establishment of processes for the NURI team to follow for the safe and well organized storage of all project information and documentation.
- Ensures project information management system for project indicators and monitoring of activities.
- Leads and facilitates learning and documentation processes on the NURI project and ensures learning is captured and reflected back in internal learning cycles as well as to external stakeholders. Learning processes includes learning initiatives as internal reviews, reflection meetings and other means of inducing and documenting learning.
- Design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned.
- Conduct meta-analysis / evaluation of all completed projects reports including baseline, outcome monitoring, case studies, and evaluations to establish key learning and recommendations to inform future evaluations and programming.
MEAL Capacity Strengthening
- Works closely with the three field-based (Arua, Kitgum, Adjumani) NURI MEAL Assistants on ensuring the completion of the above responsibilities and all other MEAL related tasks carried out under NURI.
- Promote awareness on DRC MEAL standards among relevant DRC staff and key stakeholders through various means including inhouse trainings of staff, meetings with beneficiaries, communities and local authorities
Humanitarian & Programme Accountability
- Coordinates with all relevant stakeholders in DRC on the full integration of beneficiary accountability, engagement and participation priorities and initiatives of DRC into the NURI project implementation and links closely to all beneficiary feedback and reporting mechanisms of DRC and ensures that all relevant accountability tools are rolled out and functioning.
Implementation monitoring and reporting
- Involvement in assessments, analysis and dissemination of reports as per donor & stakeholder guidelines
Research and Learning
- Supports the project in documenting and disseminating innovations and any operational research findings related to the project interventions
- Supports internal and external communication efforts around NURI and leads on creating evidence basis and impact stories on the project.
- In consultation with the NURI Project Team, DRC Uganda Programme Team and Regional MEAL function; synthesize and summarize trends in project monitoring and evaluation data using appropriate visualization to demonstrate project results and any lessons learned.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Experience with design and implementation of MEAL systems for emergency, recovery and development programs
- Excellent command of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, STATA, EPIDATA, EPINFO)
- Excellent knowledge of Mobile data applications (Kobo Toobox, ODK, etc)
- Experience with participatory assessment and community-based monitoring techniques and approaches
- Experience in conducting and managing evaluations
- Practical experience in MEAL functions of at least 5 years
- Presentation skills and experience in delivering MEAL training programmes for teams
- Extensive knowledge of Quantitative and Qualitative approaches for M&E
- Excellent command of GIS softwares (ArcGIS, Quantum GIS, ArcMIS, or similar)
- Experience with development of heavy data flow systems, implementation and management of database systems (SQL, Microsoft Access and basic Oracle DBMS skills)
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent Team Player
- Effective Communication skills
- University Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Computer sciences,
- PGD Monitoring and Evaluation
- English- fluent in both speaking and writing.
- Understanding of any of the languages of Acholi or West Nile regions is an advantage.