The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Algeria, Libya/Tunisia, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman. DRC has 17 offices and approximately one thousand staff members across the MENA region. Following an internal HQ restructuring, from 1st January 2018 the region is focusing on the Middle East, hence Algeria, Tunisia and Libya will transition to a new region during the course of 2018, while Yemen will join the Middle East region.
About the job
The MEAL Assistant will work with the MEAL Officer to monitor progress and evaluate the effectiveness of planned interventions for the DRC Iraq Programme. S/he will assist with baseline assessments, organize teams of enumerators and field data collection, support with data entry, analysis and reporting.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Monitoring, Evaluation and reporting
- Assist the MEAL officer in implementing monitoring and evaluation activities for the field programme.
- Assist in the review MEAL Plans and populate the MEAL Activity Tracker with planned activities.
- Assist in planning and conducting field-level data collection and analysis using different techniques including household surveys, market assessments, focus group discussions and key informant interviews
- Conduct training and supervision of enumerator teams, including checking questionnaires for reliability and consistency.
- Support the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, writing and compiling reports to inform programme development and implementation.
- Compile, sort and analyze the information from field visits. Produce ad hoc and regular reports as required.
- Improve Monitoring and Evaulation department processes and procedures including data collection, data entry into databases, data filing, analysis and report writting.
- Contribute to the development of case studies, success stories and lessons learnt reports
- Assist the MEAL officer in implementing accountability activities for the field programme.
- Assist in the update of MEAL Master indicator sheet in coordiantion with the rest of the MEAL team Iraq
- Assist the officer in the inputs of Donor reports based on collected data and past reports
- Conduct field visits to collect information and observe distribution and program activities. Regular visits Muqdadiyah.
- Collect complaints and feedback when requiered, by manning the Hotline (only if requierd).
Data and Information Management
- Maintain up to date databases and records on beneficiaries and activity delivery to ensure timely and easy access by programme teams for activity delivery.
- Conduct data entry, cleaning and analysis into programme databases and ODK systems under the guidance of the MEAL officer.
- Provide regular reports and data to the MEAL officer as well as programme teams to help in activity delivery.
- Make sure the reports produced are placed in the adequate Onedrive folder and circulated
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager;
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
About you: To be successful in this role we expect the following:
- One year experience with NGO as a MEAL Assistant.
- High-level knowledge and practice with all Microsoft offices product. (Excel, Word, PPT, Onedrive and SharePoint are assets)
- Flexible and willing to learn and apply new workplace skills.
- Team working and supporting my colleagues.
- Focused on delivering best possible results to the organization
- Able to work well with a range of people both within and outside the organization
- Capacity to understand data bases