About the job
The growing complexity of the DRC/DDG operating environment in Myanmar makes the cross-functional Programme Quality tasks increasingly important to be able to ensure the quality of our programming, upholding accountability to all our stakeholders especially to the people we reach as well as documenting lessons learned and using them to improve our programmes.
Reporting to the MEAL Team Leader in NSS, the overall objective of the MEAL Officer will be to:
- Conduct monitoring activities, communicate information, gather data from the field and follow up on activities in order to get feedback on the quality and relevance of the assistance.
- Analyse data and write reports.
- Capture and document lessons learned
Specific duties and responsibilities
The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Regularly undertake field monitoring visits to collect and document information on implementation progress and success of all programs.
- Coordinate baseline and end line as well as other surveys to ensure proper documentation of findings and recommendations
- Support programs in conducting participatory monitoring activities using a varied suite of tools that will ensure that implementation results are captured.
- Support the development of appropriate monitoring tools and methodologies to ensure qualitative and quantitative data is included in reports
- Regularly update all the program indicator performance trackers
- Ensure timely reporting on monitoring activities in line with work plans and project time line
- Regularly compile success stories and case studies from the field using appropriate guidelines
- Ensure high quality of quantitative and qualitative data by ensuring accurate data collection, data entry and analysis and interpretation of results
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field observations and monitoring findings to the MEAL Manager and relevant program staff
- Provide regular training / capacity building for program staff in all tools and methodologies
- Together with DRC MEAL Team, support in identifying and documenting appropriate accountability mechanisms for adoption by programs.
- Participate in the implementation of DRC’s Feedback, Complaints and Response Mechanism (F-CRM)
Learning and project quality
- Support program team in capturing and documentation of lessons learned and best practices.
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned, reports and events
- Capacity build, train and support sectors and field staff to improve the field monitoring or any other MEAL needs;
- Participate in induction of MEAL to relevant program and support staff
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC/DDG’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Essential skills and experience
- University degree in relevant field (development or social research preferably with a focus on monitoring and evaluation as well as compliance issues) or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience – preferably in social work, community development, non-governmental organizations, or civil society.
- Experience working with NGOs and/or the humanitarian sector, and use of data collection tools
- Knowledge/experience with Monitoring & Evaluation specifically, information management or accountability
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Basic knowledge of data analysis practices and tools
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Ability to work closely with a diverse team of individuals in a highly intense and fluid work environment
- Capacity to spark innovative approaches and to inspire groups to collaborate closely to ensure quality MEAL support
- Ability to navigate complex situations with diplomacy
- Ability to manage ambiguity, frustration and stress in self and others
- Desire and ability to learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required