Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Officer
World Vision, Zambia
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of Position
The MEAL Officer is responsible to implement a functional Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
(MEAL) system at field level. He/she provides support to the programmes and operations departments in designing, monitoring and evaluating all projects’ interventions. Moreover, he/she works with the direct supervisor in the coordination and/or the implementation of projects’ baselines and evaluations, as well as the implementation of standardized MEAL processes and tools for all sectors at field level.
- Conduct and Coordinate Baselines and evaluation studies. Leading on the projects ‘baseline and evaluation studies at field level: development of the design (participatory approach when relevant), development and testing of data collection tools, training on data collection tools, coordination with field level staff for high quality data collection, data analysis and report write up (Internal processes).
- Develop and Implement MEAL Framework requirements. Develop project specific MEAL frameworks in consultation with project staff and partners.
- Develop methodology, sampling, and tools for outcome and process monitoring studies onsite distribution monitoring and PDMs.
- Support the program in setting up and implementing functional Monitoring systems that will be used to plan and monitor project activities
- Review all reports to ensure they are prepared using the standard formats and effectively communicate the projects contribution to the well being of children.
- Assist project teams to conduct monthly review meetings to discuss performance against targets for all activities, explaining any performance variances, identifying and addressing implementation challenges, documenting lessons learned and most-significant success stories and, generating consensus on targets for the next month.
- Coach and provide capacity building for project staff on output level monitoring, data collection and data entry for pre-posttests.
Educational Qualifications, experience, Skills, Abilities and competencies/attributes:
- Bachelor degree in statistics, physical, biological or social sciences.
- At least two years hands on experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs, preferably related to community based rural development work.
- Extensive experience in development studies / rural development, reports and other documents.
- Able to think logically and systematically and have good organizational skills
- Has had training in statistics and or experience in statistical analysis.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (word, Access, Excel.
- Experience in using database and statistical software such as Epi lnfo, SPSS, etc.
- Excellent skill in report writing.
- Experience in project proposal writing. Should be able to take initiatives to focus on quality outcomes and services to beneficiaries and customers within the region
- Should always look for opportunities and initiatives to learn, improve, change and grow in the area of M&E for the benefit of programs in the region