Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator of the Secretariat of the United Nations Peacebuilding Fund in Chad and, under the direction of the Peace and Development Advisor and the Resident Coordinator, the national United Nations volunteer
Summary of key functions:
- Ensure the effective implementation of the monitoring & evaluation plan of the priority plan
- Strengthen national capacities in results-based management and monitoring & evaluation
- Request the development of databases
- Ensure the visibility of the PBF through appropriate communication tools
Ensure the effective implementation of the monitoring & evaluation plan of the priority plan:
- Provide technical support in terms of monitoring & evaluation of individual projects and semi-annual and annual reports;
- Develop a dynamic data collection system in order to be able to regularly measure the results of projects in the field and propose the necessary adjustments;
- Lead training sessions (as needed) on Results Based Management (RBM);
- Support the formulation and monitoring of indicators;
- Coordinate the preparation of semi-annual and annual reviews / reports of the peacebuilding program and ensure timely submission of reports by documenting good practices
- Ensure regular monitoring & evaluation of activities, the proper realization of the products and effects of the priority plan and related projects;
- Prepare the terms of reference for the studies and evaluations to be carried out within the framework of the implementation of the monitoring & evaluation plan of the priority plan for the consolidation of peace (PPCP) and projects financed by the PBF;
- Support the conduct of mid-term and final evaluations of the priority plan;
- Establish a knowledge management system and lessons learned based on the results of the various projects;
- Produce case studies based on lessons learned to share with the PBF community of practice.
Strengthen national capacities in results-based management and monitoring & evaluation:
- Carry out a situation analysis on the monitoring and evaluation capacities of national execution structures;
- Develop training modules in monitoring & evaluation;
- Support capacity building in monitoring & evaluation.
Support the development of databases:
- Support the establishment of the priority plan database;
- Check the quality of the data collected;
- Develop an indicator dashboard and monitor it.
Ensure the visibility of the PBF through appropriate communication tools:
- Identify and put in place the most suitable means of communication for better dissemination of information and promotion of PBF activities;
- Support the design and implementation of various communication tools and media to improve visibility and also to report on PBF projects and activities;
- Write and edit articles and publications in French and English on peacebuilding;
- Support the organization of PBF events in terms of communication.
- Create professional accounts on the Chad PBF and animate social networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to disseminate discussions and achievements related to the activities of PBF projects in Chad and ensure the evaluation of these communication tools (number of visits , number of people affected, etc.);
- Conduct thematic interviews with partners, beneficiaries and other parties related to the peacebuilding program to develop documentaries, films, videos, and good practices on the activities of the United Nations System.
- Ensure a media watch on the PCSP and the implementation of the peacebuilding program
Qualifications / Requirements
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Master's degree in social sciences, international relations, humanities, journalism or a related field.
Required experience: 60 Months
- Concrete experience of at least 5 years of complex program management including at least 3 in the field of monitoring and evaluation frameworks and techniques for collecting and analyzing socio-economic data
- Experience in the management of social networks and the field of communication;
- Proven capacities for analysis and synthesis;
- Knowledge of the United Nations and its working practices as well as ongoing reforms will be an advantage.
- French (Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English (Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge