The purpose of the role is to provide technical expertise in developing and implementing a monitoring and evaluation system for the “TamuJunto Child Protection in Emergencies” Project, including the provision of support to project staff and the district government authorities regarding the monitoring, evaluation, research and reporting tasks and responsibilities.
The M&E and Communication Officer will oversee the implementation of the Project M&E activities, including communication.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
The M&E and Communications Officer will aid the project team in developing performance monitoring plans and results frameworks during projects design and implementation, creating M&E system, processes and tools, contributing to measuring, analysing, and reporting results.
The post holder will support the establishment of a systematic Monitoring and Evaluation system for the Project in Meconta District. The role includes communication related activities, which encompasses development of success stories and case studies, as well as management of the Project’s communication for behaviour change component.
- Develop comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework, plans, tools/instruments and database which are following Plan International standards.
- Develop and implement project monitoring plans.
- Work with project team members, the local government and cluster to ensure that data is collected, processed, analysed and presented for the community audiences to identify and make informed decisions on challenges in achieving projects outcomes.
- Ensure quality control of data and information collected, through the development and/or review of tools for the data collection in accordance of the logical frameworks of emergency projects,
- Ensure that the purpose of the M&E framework is being achieved and enabling decision-making on the project progression and development.
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Project Manager, M&E officer, field-based team, M&E Specialist, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting system.
- Document and disseminate results and best practices on project related lessons learnt to inform decision making
- Ensure timely and high quality monitoring and evaluation reports are produced.
- Identify data sources for capturing project performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with the project team.
- Prepare regular M&E project reports and assist in the preparation of project monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate.
- Support to ensure that relevant data (5Ws, sitrep and related MIS data) are entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data and share with focal person monthly.
- Collect and authenticate all information sheets (beneficiary lists, registration forms, distribution lists, and others) for delivery of livelihood intervention services;
- Provide regular and timely feedback on project progress against planned activities, outputs and results.
- Ensure capacity building by regularly training staff and partners for improved program monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide technical leadership in operational studies (baseline, mid-term, final evaluations, case studies,), and projects researches processes.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits.
- Support the gender & influencing and child protection activities, including other program components, with relevant evidences.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy, including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Works with the programs team,
- Works closely with the Project Coordinator and Project Officers to ensure that all M&E functions are clearly delivered for the project.
- Liaise with national MERL Specialist, and also contribute to national level research and evaluations;
- Works with partner organizations in all ME components
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, social sciences or public health or an equivalent from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years of practical work experience in monitoring & evaluation of development and humanitarian projects.
- 3-5 years’ experience in M&E positions and/or program experience in field data collection in emergencies.
- Detailed knowledge of M&E frameworks and M&E Plans, systems and indicator reference sheets.
- Experience maintaining programmatic databases.
- Good understand of routine data quality checks/validation
- Demonstrate excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analysing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet M&E needs.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including impact evaluation.
- Knowledge and comfort with spreadsheet, database and statistical software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Epi Info, SPSS, STATA, ).
- Experience with the use of technology for data collection, including mobile phones/tablets and Global Positioning System (GPS) strongly preferred.
- Proven understanding of programming concepts and Human Rights Approaches to Development.
- Comprehensive understand and implementation of communication for behaviour change approaches and methodologies
- 3-5 experience in developing behaviour change messages on health, gender-based violence and child protection issues
- Proven creative writing skills
- Fully fluent in English and Portuguese