Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
- USAID's Health Equity and Financial Protection Platform (HEFPP), in collaboration with other USAID projects, will support the Government of the Philippines (GPH) to enhance access and financing to meet key family planning (FP) and tuberculosis (TB) outcomes while realizing its goal of achieving UHC. HEFPP will specifically support GPH's implementation of the UHC Bill by addressing policy and institutional bottlenecks within the health financing system.
- Palladium will provide technical assistance (TA) to enable the GPH to rapidly and effectively enact reforms envisioned in new legislation on UHC. HEFPP will enable key reforms and improvements in the sustainable financing of TB and FP, as well as the utilization and financial protection achieved in these health areas, by convening decision-makers at critical points in the policy process.
- The MEL Associate will work closely with the HEFPP technical team leads to develop a monitoring and evaluation framework and subsequent monitoring of project progress against the framework indicators. The specific duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extract lessons and learning from events such as workshops and forums, research and studies, and reviews of policy design and implementation at national level;
- Support the development of a framework for the project's monitoring and evaluation plan as well as the monitoring and evaluation of project performance
- Support project activities involving the collection and analysis of data for the execution of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plan
- Assist in the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in program development, adjustment or review
- Contribute to learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in public health, economics, statistics, international development, public policy, or related field with 3-5 years of relevant work in data analysis and monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Effective communication skills, an ability to write effectively and to provide guidance and editorial support for staff from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications such as Excel
- Proficiency in the use of statistical software to support the conduct of statistical analysis
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation work, preferably the MEL approaches employed by USAID
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrated ability to produce high quality reports and program technical deliverables in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated proficiency in client management and coordination with multiple stakeholders and ability to engage in a sensitive and political astute manner.
- Demonstrated ability to establish good working relationships with key stakeholders at national and sub-national levels
- Analytical, attention to detail, results focused
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as required
- Fluency in English.