Work with Health and Hope and other International Program Group (IPG) units to ensure quality design, monitoring, evaluation, research and learning practices through technical assistance, training and proposal development/program implementation. Prioritize services to Private Funding and RDM units for the development of high quality proposals and support to existing projects. Key aspects of the role include:
- Contribute to the development of appropriate DME standards for IPG.
- Contribute to the strengthening of WVUS IPG staff in all aspects of DME.
- Contribute tot he strengthening of the competitiveness of grant/donor proposals and ongoing grant performance, meeting or exceeding donor requirements and/or expectations.
- Engage WVUS, WVI and external stakeholders on program quality in coordination with the other parts of the Program Shared Services unit.
Help carry our Christian organization's mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Provide leadership and demonstrate collaboration in developing and executing against shared services mandate in support of technical area excellence that meets the prioritized needs of all IPG to build evidence of impact and support increased revenue acquisition.
- Escalate key insights, opportunities and risks to Health Senior Director as required to assure quality evidence of impact and increasing revenue.
- Provide leadership in the development of expert area technical assistance and capacity building strategies.
- Provide leadership with information regarding performance pertaining to specific objective, performance indicators, planning, budgeting and operating procedures and advise of areas of risk.
- Lead, manage, mentor, and provide conflict resolution support to unit staff.
- Participate in the development of annual plans with clear initiatives and deliverables.
- Regularly review and monitor results toward objectives and indicators and coach staff in order to ensure the mandate is achieved.
- Represent unit in planning and budgeting process, presenting unit goals, negotiating budget requests, and ensuring adequate resource to achieve goals.
- Hire, fire, train, counsel, evaluate, and recommend salary increases and promotions for those under direct supervision.
- Establish standards, tools, and guidelines for optimal DME practices across IPG donor segments.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation (M&E) templates and guidance are up to date and are in compliance with donor guidance/expectations.
- Provide input in selection of appropriate research methodologies for program assessments, designs and evaluations.
- Assist in the development and budgeting of all DME elements of proposals.
- Support and review evaluations (Baseline, mid-term and final evaluations).
- Support project specific troubleshooting and stop-gap solutions for DME performance challenges as requested.
- Lead evaluations, data quality reviews, or other specialized DME work as needed.
Coordination and Collaboration:
- Support and participate in the communication of DME best practice across International Program Group (IPG) units.
- Contribute to and participate in appropriate WVI and industry communities of practice.
- Ensure incorporation of industry best practices into WVUS standards, tools and guidelines.
- Stay up to date of latest USG DME trends and guidance.
- Network with other organizations through working groups, panel discussions, brown bag events, etc. and share with IPG staff via working groups, brown bag and other learning events.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of any Partnership-wide DME policies/practices and evidence collection systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
Advanced degree required, preferably with emphasis in statistics, economics or other field related to international development. In addition to education, a minimum of five year's of work experience in monitoring and evaluation and applied quantitative and qualitative research methods in relations to the management of development projects. International development work experience, including program design; 5-8 years. Must have at least one year of work experience in the field. Previous leadership experience preferred