Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, workforce development, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Pakistan. The project will focus on preparing youth for workforce participation by providing them with educational opportunities and supporting them in identifying employment or entrepreneurial opportunities.
The MEL Director will primarily provide technical assistance in setting up and managing an MEL system that supports effective management and collaborative and strategic learning across project teams, partners, clients/donors and stakeholders. The MEL Director reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and is a member of the core project management team. S/he will work in close collaboration with staff across functional teams.
Reporting & Supervision: The MEL Director reports to the COP.
- MEL systems put in place to gather and analyze high-quality data.
- High-quality MEL data collected, analyzed, and utilized to inform project operations.
- Make operational decisions and manages the various components of the program dealing with MEL;
- Develop the Project Management Plan setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities and establishing monitoring systems to measure project progress;
- Manage data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and project counterparts;
- Manage project data using Creative’s web-based MEL database platform (MEDAL);
- Ensure data quality applying a range of mechanisms and data verification procedures including staff training on MEL best practices, triangulating sources and methods as well as performing routine data quality audits;
- Lead writing of quarterly technical and financial reports; including creating dashboards for real-time monitoring and feedback; Ensure MEL integration into learning and continuous improvement - facilitate learning sessions with the project team, partners, client and stakeholders to support adaptive management; and
- Utilize critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field;
- At least seven (7) years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities;
- Experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation;
- Experience working in an MEL role on an economic growth, TVET or workforce development program;
- Knowledge of USG and other donor contracts, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations. S/he should be resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building and, with minimal supervision, be able to manage high volume workflow;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems;
- Previous experience working in the region and on economic growth programs in insecure environments is desirable but not required;
- Experience working in Pakistan is highly desirable, but not required; and
- Fluency in English is required.