We are looking for a highly qualified candidates to fill the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning MEL Field Coordinator. The successful candidate will have the overall responsbility for the timely implementation of monitoring activities conducted by MEL staff in the field.
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
About the Job
The MEL Field Coordinator will fulfill responsibilities including, but not limited to: implementing MEL plans, overseeing timely and quality data collection, directly supervising the responsibilities of the MEL field staff in all bases, supporting design of monitoring tools and MEL plans, and contributing to analysis and reporting as required. The position will require some daily travel to field offices and involve on or two overnight field visits on a monthly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supervise the responsibilities of the M&E Officers and Assistants in the cenrtal and southern bases.
- Maintain monthly work plans for all MEL field teams, including delegation to the senior MEL officer, and ensure quality and efficient work in line with DRC’s standards;
- Oversee the performance of supervised staff, including contributions to the performance appraisal and capacity development plans.
- Further build the capacity of team members to conduct basic analysis and reporting;
- Encourage a positive work environment of mutual respect where team members are committed to achieving their best and collaborate efficiently and effectively.
- Build and maintain strong relations with programme and technical colleagues, to ensure a continous collaboration on sharing of information and learnings.
- Support development of monitoring and evaluation plans and tools for all DRC Jordan projects in coordination with MEL Manager, to ensure adherence to DRC’s MEL MOP standards,;
- Responsbile for ensuring timely and accurate data collection according the Monitoring and Evaluation Plans (MEPs) and Assessment ToRs, delegating and tracking data collection samples and activities.
- Facilitate the organisation of MEL-project and/or assessment Kick-Offs in the field, manage all trainings of MEL tools for field staff in close collaboration with the Senior MEL Reporting Officer.
- Regular presence in the field to support quality of data collection.
- Play a key role in the buidling the field capacity of qualitative data collection methods (focus group discussion) and ensuring that standard operating procedures in terms of facilitation, note taking, preparing summaries, tascriptions, scanning and storage are applied.
- Manage arrangements for implementation of both MEL and Assessment data collection, including information gathering, logistical support, human resources and liaising with support deparments. Responsibly manage MEL and Assessment field activity budget lines- with oversight from the MEL Manager- to ensure proper, timerly spending on funds on monitoring and evaluation needs;
- If necessary, facilitate and conduct other data collection where appropriate. Data collection activities include but are not limited to: focus group discussions (facilitation, note taking, data archiving), key informant interviews, surveys, in-home post-distribution monitoring.
- Support in analysis and report writing of data collected.
- Feed into institutional learning by facilitating dissemination of findings to all field colleagues, and contributing to best practices and lessons learned workshops/presentations.
- To support efforts to build the MEL capacity of implementing partners in Jordan.
- Identify and refer/report individuals with special needs, protection concerns, and any problems with DRC services to the M&E Field Coordinator and relevant program staff.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Required qualifications/ experience
- Jordanian national.
- Strong knowledge of excel and pivot analysis, and knowledge of at least one database platform.
- Knowledge of M&E processes and tools.
- Experience and skills in quantitative and qualitative data collection in the field; Strong interview and note-taking skills.
- Knowledge of basic data analysis.
- Knowledge of SPSS or other analytical software a plus.
- Ability and willingness to maintain regular presence at project sites, spend one night in the field once or twice a month, and to work during irregular working hours.
- Fluency in Arabic and strong English (written and spoken) is a must;
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to write reports in English;
- Team player
- 3 years experience in M&E;
- At least 4-5 years work experience;
- Management experience;
- University degree in statistics, computer science, political science or other relevant area;
- Direct experience and/or broad knowledge of humanitarian assistance programming;
- Experience working with local organizations in developing contexts;
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.