Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Mercy Corps, Ankara, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring in the development of M&E Plans, M&E tools, survey design, methodology, data analysis, and other skills required for assessing the impact of programs.
- Collaborate with external evaluators on the design and roll out of the program baseline and evaluations, while setting up effective systems for learning.
- Ensures programs use the necessary M&E and ICT systems and tools, to inform and improve each individual program, as well as feed into the broader country-level M&E system and country strategy.
- Take the lead in aligning, collecting and reporting on relevant indicators to the organizational-wide M&E systems, and other external systems as relevant.
- Participates in the facilitation of country and sector-level strategic planning sessions, assisting program managers and senior management in the development of their annual plans.
M&E and Data Management
- Works with the program and M&E teams to adopt a holistic country-level M&E system that harnesses open-source software and flexible cloud solutions to more accurately collect, monitor and verify program activities and ensure they are aligned with country strategic and annual plan.
- Provides guidance, recommendations, and leadership to ensure that the M&E systems meet the needs of Programs Managers and Country Leadership and help address shortfalls in M&E and data management that affect program implementation.
- Contributes to program design to ensure adherence to Mercy Corps’ M&E best practices, including the use of standardized indicators, form templates, and documentation methodologies.
- Maintain a comprehensive schedule of private and institutional funding reports for programs and review project/program reports to ensure that reports contain accurate, clear, and high-quality data and presented in the proper format.
- Develop program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition, aggregation and flow of information in programs.
Capacity Building and Mentoring
- Develops and oversees implementation of the M&E staff and partner capacity building strategy that promotes a culture of learning through systematic analysis and reflection of program data.
- Build the capacity of all relevant team members to develop and maintain an excellent M&E system, including regular reflection and analysis of program monitoring data.
- Work closely with Program Managers, Human Resources and Finance to ensure that M&E skills are incorporated into all program position descriptions and positions are budgeted for.
- Contributes to the knowledge management repository with best practices in M&E and ICT and ensure that it is accessible to all staff and partners.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
Internal and External Coordination
- Active contributor and collaborator with regional and global counterparts to promote the use of M&E and ICT best practices.
- Strengthen linkages with other internal resources, including the LMS, Digital Library, Hub, and Connect, to enhance organizational learning where relevant to M&E.
- Maintain close working relationships with M&E counterparts in other relevant international NGOs, and local NGOs and associations in Turkey.
- Ensure supervisees’ compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/S degree in development studies, research methods, statistics, economics, social sciences, monitoring and evaluation, project management or other relevant field required. Postgraduate degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of active M&E work experience in emergency and development programming required with the proven use of program technology.
- Experience with theoretical and practical background in M&E and skilled in participatory qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques.
- Excellent quantitative skills and power user with Excel; Experience with Access, and statistical packages including Stata, R or SPSS and GIS tools like QGIS, ArcGIS or Google Earth Pro is preferred.
- Experience with data management including the ability to structure and collate data sets for ease of analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of intermediate statistics and ability to summarize and make predictions from multiple data sets.
- Previous experience living and working in challenging or insecure environments.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required, fluent Turkish and/or Arabic skills are a plus.