Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Fhi 360, Jakarta, Indonesia
Closing Date for Applications:
The MEL Manager will provide technical leadership to capture program intervention results, ensure high-quality, timely, valid and verifiable data collection and analysis, and develop and implement a learning agenda to inform policy makers and other stakeholders of the lessons learned. The MEL Manager shall be responsible for the knowledge management aspect of the project, collecting and aggregating methods, lessons, and results from across the partner organizations. S/he will provide technical guidance by designing and developing ME&L systems and procedures for funded programs, and will lead and supervise a small team of specialist. This includes establishing key components of an ME&L system including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program.
- Lead development and dissemination of evidence-based tools, materials, reports, papers, and interventions within the project.
- Develop, operate, improve and maintain MADANI’s Knowledge Management Information System that can that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Perform data analytics and intelligence, data visualization and analysis.
- Apply mobile, digital and web-based tools and approaches, as feasible and value-adding, including MADANI’s Innovation and Learning Hub.
- Oversee and directly contribute to the development and implementation of ME&L tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Develop and lead the design and implementation of end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the program ME&L system.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on ME&L components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Design and lead the program learning plan and organize trainings in ME&L and program learning goals, objectives, and findings to consortium partners and stakeholders.
- Identify best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications and reviews surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing oversight and technical assistance to national partners in designing and implementing evaluation activities for capacity building.
- Supervise the project’s MEL team of three staff members
- Provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree (post-graduate or higher) in relevant subject with strong grounding in quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Knowledge of statistical methods required;
- Ability to contribute to solving project implementation problems by synthesizing and extracting insights from large and complex datasets
- At least - 5-8 years working experience (although ten years is preferred) including:
- Five (5) years prior experience leading monitoring and evaluation research teams in large international programs; and
- Five (5) years prior experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research in field-based positions.
- Five (5) years prior experience in developing and using knowledge management platforms to support data analysis, monitoring and evaluation of development projects in Indonesia
- Proficient with Microsoft Tools, including Excel and PowerPoint, and possess advanced computer skills for data extraction, manipulation, visualization and analysis.
- Proficient with database management systems. PowerBI experience preferred
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and a professional commitment to promote a culture of gender equality and social inclusion
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Demonstrated experience in working within a multi-disciplinary team in a fast paced, technically challenging environment under minimum supervision.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Interpersonal skills in facilitation and stakeholder engagement/coordination, particularly with GOI.
- Familiarity with USAID program is preferred