Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager IMCT Project
FHI 360, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
The MEL Manager will provide technical assistance in support of surveillance, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for the project; and in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research. This includes establishing key components of an M&E system including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program. Work closely with the program team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the existing M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements.
Specific duties include:
- Oversees M&E activities for IMCT in close collaboration with assigned project technical and management team. .
- Develop and directly contribute to the development and implementation of IMCT M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Develop and support the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the programs M&E system.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor IMCT quality for performance and results.
- Provide technical support for M&E in the fields of cultural tourism, private sector engagement, economic participation and gender, among others..
- Build upon industry and experiences to improve consistency, quality and practicality of M&E strategies; promote dissemination and use of lessons learned within international partner organizations.
- Review IMCT M&E plan and PMPs for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Collect lessons learned from project activities and collaborate with IMCT management and technical teams to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Identify best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications and reviews surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports.
- Liaise with national, multisectoral and donor M&E colleagues to ensure project provide complementary support and contribution to evolution of country M&E systems.
- Oversee capacity building activities on M&E topics, including the development of workshop materials, webinars, the design and management of workshops for implementing partners, the development of technical briefs, learning modules, and M&E guides.
- Represents the organization to external entities at professional meetings and conferences.
- Continually maintains a dialogue and M&E technical exchange with HQ counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Coordinates with employees and consultants, at IMCT main and and field office for situations that are less routine and more unusual.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required with Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field, preferred.
- At least 8+ years of working in health or development projects on monitoring, evaluation and research methods with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively and adjust indicator selection and targets as part of adaptive programming.
- Prior work in Egypt or in the Middle East region is preferred; Egyptian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in Arabic and English required.