For over 40 years, FHI 360 has built the capacity of individuals, communities, and governments to address the needs of vulnerable populations. In more than 60 countries, our work is grounded in research and evidence, and our staff and experts have developed partnerships to support programs in economic development—including workforce development, private sector partnership and access to finance— civil society strengthening, technology and innovation, health access and services, and education. Our integrated approaches across a broad set of disciplines and countries helps develop customized responses to complex challenges addressing multiple aspects of people’s lives. We are currently seeking qualified Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Cultural Tourism Development in Egypt Activity.
The 4-year activity will be designed to enhance Egypt’s competitiveness as a tourism destination and generate more tourism revenue and local economic benefits. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding and will be based in Egypt.
The MEL Manager will lead the development and implementation of the MEL Plan by developing appropriate indicators, implementing systems to safeguard the collection and management of program data, and recommending changes to annual work plans or data collection techniques as needed. The MEL Manager will collaborate with program staff, relevant government agencies, and other stakeholders to collect and analyze primary and secondary data to inform project progress and the development of annual plans. The MEL Manager will train project staff and liaise with USAID/Egypt on M&E reporting requirements and program learning strategies.
- Designs and oversees the monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities of the project
- Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of project evaluation activities; this includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, data visualization and intervention-linked research
- Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of monitoring of specific technical components
- Works closely with technical leads to co-design monitoring tools, select indicators, and determine field monitoring responsibilities
- Works to ensure tool compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements
- Conducts supervisory visits to field sites to observe, monitor, and provide guidance and support to ensure that quality data is collected and analyzed regularly and effectively.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance, and developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements
- Oversees the application of Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) principles to inform program implementation and management
- Analyzes all data collected and advise program management on needed program revisions
- Contributes to written performance reports for funder and other program deliverables
- Develops project-wide mechanisms to measure and document progress on indicators and achievement of targets, lessons learned and best practices, and dissemination of results.
- Oversees the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned, and other program results to program partners, donors, Government of Egypt counterparts, and other key stakeholders
- Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, social science, economics, statistics, business, or other relevant discipline
- At least eight years of experience related to monitoring and evaluating, with experience reporting on programs related to economic growth
- Experience in design and implementation of M&E systems for USG-funded projects
- Experience coordinating with a wide range of stakeholders for data collection techniques
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Ability to effectively use statistical analysis software such as STATA and SPSS