Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Fhi 360, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Closing Date for Applications:
- Works closely with the MEL Director to support all project monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Supports development and implementation of performance monitoring and learning tools.
- Trains Field Liaisons and any partners or hired enumerators on data collection and entry.
- Coordinates with Field Liaisons as they support Learning Lab stakeholders with kickoff meetings, ongoing lean experimentation and dissemination of results.
- Supports data quality control and verification, conducting periodic DQA following standard operating procedures determined in consultation with MEL Director and home office MEL Advisor.
- Supports data analysis and reporting.
- Supports the coordination and execution of activities such as workshops to staff and partners.
- Assists in the preparation of all MEL reports and uploads to any online systems, as required.
- Assists with any planned project research activities, as needed.
- Supporting bi-annual assessment data collection, compilation, analysis and review.
- Contributes to design and/or delivery of data presentations in MS Word, Excel and/or Power Point formats.
- Frequent travel to coordinate, monitor and/or participate in related project activities (i.e. Learning Lab meetings).
- Performs other related duties as assigned and agreed upon.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth functional knowledge in area of specialization and detailed knowledge of related areas in the organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of the external environment and how it affects the industry in general and FHI in particular, including political, legal, environmental, financial and social influences.
- Comprehensive understanding of organization’s structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area.
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to exchange information, present recommendations and collaborate with colleagues and peers within the organization and possibly externally.
- Ability to influence others of the benefits/importance of an idea or plan of action and to gain their support or commitment.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to reach mutual points of agreement and benefit among peers and colleagues.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Ability to provide broad global technical support to multiple components for moderate to complex programs.
- Defines and develops solutions for major business or functional challenges.
- Is sought out to provide advice or solutions in area of M&E technical area.
- Is informed about current developments in area of M&E technical area.
- Works under broad direction with considerable latitude for independent action.
- Specific actions are guided primarily by professional standards and expected outcomes of the program/project.
- Decisions and actions have an impact on the smooth operation and timeframes of the unit programs/projects; impact on the broader organization is generally indirect.
- Problems encountered are complex and may involve unprecedented circumstances; resolution requires investigation, analysis and review of professional/organizational standards.
- University degree in Social Science, information technology, or other related fields
- At least 3-5-years of proven experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in Kyrgyzstan, to include supporting tool development and data collection
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Russian/Kyrgyz/Uzbek
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with and application of other data collection and/or analysis programs, including mobile data collection, a plus (i.e. ODK, Kobo, etc.)
- Strong oral presentation and training facilitation skills
- Strong attention to detail and a self-starter attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience with mobile data collection preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID and experience working on internationally-funded projects a plus