Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer
Fhi 360, Pretoria, South Africa
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) Officer under the leadership of the Senior MER Advisor will be responsible for facilitating systematic setting up for the service delivery component of awarded NGOs. Ensure that the M&E technical and system capacity is developed based on identified gaps and capacity development plan in a way that ensures that their M&E system, tools and processes is both robust and sustainable beyond the current project. The incumbent will also be responsible for supporting the roll-out of any service delivery implementation programs and the quality assurance and improvement process (QA/QI) through the results tracking, documenting, reporting, data analysis and learnings from the programs on ongoing basis. The MER Officer will also play a supporting role in customized M&E curricular-based training and hand-on support for the purpose of meeting donor's reporting standards and timelines. She/he shall work with NGO partners to ensure that M&E plans, data collection and reporting forms and internal data quality assurance systems are always in place and up-to-date and supports other M&E activities such as designing/conducting formative assessment or baseline for new projects as well as doing mid-term/project evaluation.
Core Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer shall from time to time:
- Prepare accurate and timely all routine data reports of supported NGOs for the central project database on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Synthesize data from multiple sources (NGOs) into usable information for program management and decision making.
- Routinely review collected data and perform/documents DQA checks for the six data quality dimensions (i.e. validity, reliability, integrity, precision and timeliness).
- Appropriately identify, escalate and resolve data errors.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic data and report files.
- Support the NGOs partners to update and maintain M&E plans, M&E job aids and Data Management & DQA SOPs.
- Perform basic and complex data analyses using appropriate software for project external reports and internal data review meetings.
- Monitor programme trends and assist with use of data across the programs.
- Track progress against targets and baselines.
Qualification Summary and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in any Healthcare, Social Science, Research or related fields.
- Upward of two (2) years' professional and analytical work experience in monitoring and evaluation preferred.
- Experience in setting up M&E system, developing M&E database and data collection and reporting tools amd data quality assurance for NGOs or relevant organizations.
- Attention to detail and methodical approach to all M&E tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Creative, analytic and innovative thinking.
- Understanding of healthcare systems in resource-limited settings, knowledge of HIV/AIDS/TB treatment preferred.
- Ability to adhere to strict M&E reporting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through training and mentoring and communicate technical issues effectively and persuasively.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of the MS Office package especially MS Outook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Access, etc.
Travels: up to 60% - 70% time
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.