Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Develop M&E tools for gathering information/data from the field and keep up to-date data required for timely and quality reporting.
- Compile and update regularly CO level monthly output tracking sheet, online GORS reporting, Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) database and Balanced Score Card (BSC) when necessary.
- Make sure complete and accurate project information is reported timely to the Country Office by each area office with necessary disaggregation (data by area/location, core competency, gender, type of beneficiaries (IDP, refugees, host community, returnee and other).
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E activities, including data collection methodology and tools development, and data management, analysis and use.
- Support need assessments, baseline and end line surveys particularly field data collation using mobile data collection methods training and supervising enumerators, data entry and analysis.
- Support the area teams to improve quality of monitoring, evaluation and accurate reporting, including training on M&E tools.
- Support field program staff to implement project level assessments, including PDMs, baseline survey using mobile data collection methods, outcome measurement, and multisector area level assessments where relevant, training and supervising of enumerators, data entry and analysis.
- Assist in implementation of a Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) for all programs by creating compliant database.
- Support the preparation of detailed implementation plans and M&E matrix for all programs.
- Support the role out of digital based data collection using mobile phones/tablets.
- Master degree in Management studies or statistics and Maths with three years of experience in the same field or BMS in Management studies or statistics and maths with 5 years of experiences in the same field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, of which 2-3 years should be with experience in developing and leading the implementation of M&E systems for an international NGO.
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making.
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods.
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational and team working skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential.
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus.
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis (SPSS preferred).
- Proven presentation, training and facilitation skills.
Education field: Education title: Master degree in Management studies or statistics and Maths with three years of experience in the same field or BMS in Management studies or statistics and maths with 5 years of experiences in the same field
- Strategic thinking.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Working with people.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Handling insecure environments.