UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The M&E consultant will be based in Janakpur and closely work with the Provincial Policy Commission on assessment and setting up the provincial M&E system. The M&E consultant will be responsible for assessing the existing M&E structure of all sectors and enhancing it through delivering a framework and setting up a solid system that will contribute to results-based management of the development activities at the provincial level.
Specific Tasks and Deliverables for this assignment:
- Review relevant programme documents and reports
- Conduct stakeholder mapping
- Produce inception report on the assessment of M&E system
- Assessment Process
- Interview relevant stakeholders
- Assess and gather evidence on M&E and information management systems, monitoring practices reports
- Produce assessment report including feasible recommendations and good practices for improving M&E and IM systems
- Organize a consultation workshop to present the assessment results and recommendation to UNICEF and stakeholders and agree on action plan.
M&E and IM Design Development:
- Develop M&E framework and design Information Management system design robust and equity focused data collection and results-based management.
- Work with IT Consultant on M&E and Information Management system strengthening and capacity development of Government staff responsible for the social protection programme in Province 2
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Education: Advanced degree in statistics, social sciences and relevant field.
- Work Experience: Minimum 8 years of work experience in M&E, results-based management, evidence generation and capacity development.
- Special skills: Strong knowledge of statistics, social protection programmes and results-based management.
- Competencies: Fluency in English is required; knowledge of Nepal and experience in the country is highly desirable.