The Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management (ME&KM) Officer will be a mid-level position who will assist and support the design, development, planning, and implementation and Evaluation of project technical strategies; develop strategies and tools for monitoring and evaluating project technical work; assist in the development and implementation of baseline, mid-line and endline assessments and other original research; analyze data sets and technical assessment findings; and develop and monitor work plans. Additionally, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management (ME&KM) Officer will provide technical leadership on program knowledge management and will work to ensure evaluation and research findings are shared to inform project implementation.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- Master’s Degree with 3-5 years of experience or bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation (ME) and knowledge management (KM) for social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) programs.
Specific Knowledge Requirements:
- Significant demonstrated experience in setting up and managing ME&KM systems and strategies for internationally-funded health and development project for donor reporting.
- Strong working knowledge of developing, tracking and reporting on key indicators for measuring project effectiveness and impact for programs funded under the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. President's Malaria Initiative (PMI), among others.
- Demonstrated experience in ME&KM processes including data collection with attention to data quality assurance.
- Strong ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data to generate reports and other KM products
- Excellent writing and documentation skills for different KM products including reports, briefs, success stories and articles
- Strong and demonstrated capacities for spatial analysis including land-cover mapping and the use of geographic information systems.
- Hands-on experience with a high-degree of competency in MS Excel, SPSS, knowledge management database management, dashboards and other database software packages.
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member.
Travel Requirements: Greater than 25%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.