Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship, so that young ambitious people are empowered to lead their post-conflict society into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing not-for-profit development organization with 80 staff members that helps young entrepreneurs to start or grow their own businesses. SPARK helps displaced youth to access higher education in conflict areas. Moreover, SPARK assists post-secondary education institutions to reform their curricula to better meet the needs of the labour markets. Based in Amsterdam, SPARK has offices in among others Abidjan, Amman, Beirut, Belgrade, Bujumbura, Gaziantep, Erbil, Hargeisa, Juba, Kigali, Mitrovica, Monrovia, Ramallah, Sanaa and Tunis.
SPARK is currently looking to fill the position of
Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (0,6 FTE)
The M&E Manager leads the development and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation systems and structure for SPARK’s SME development and youth entrepreneurship programmes in conflict affected states. The M&E Manager works together closely with Programme Managers, Country Managers, and with external experts and brings his/her own expertise and knowledge to this process. In developing and implementing the M&E systems, the M&E Manager provides training and coaching to other staff members involved in M&E, including local partners.
Overall, the M&E Manager contributes to learning processes in SPARK and its local partners and has an important role in results-based planning of new programmes and a technical advisory role in their design. The M&E manager reports to the Directors and is supported (part-time) by an M&E Officer.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Manage the implementation of the M&E systems of SPARK programmes, and continuously strengthen them and their components
· Develop M&E systems for new programmes, and incorporate these in the overall programme Management Information System
· Ensure consistency of indicator definitions and data collection across programmes, and increase accuracy and timeliness of data-collection
· Supervise the Data Officer in SPARK’s Belgrade office
· Ensure timely and consistent availability of programme results data to SPARK’s business development and communications units
· Design and manage mid-term reviews and end-of-programme evaluations
· Ensure the procedural and technical functioning of SPARK’s Management Information System (MIS)
· Incorporate the M&E systems into SPARK's ISO quality management system and IATI
· Manage SPARK’s Quality Assurance system, including the organisation of internal and external audits on an annual basis
· Contribute to and link M&E to learning in SPARK
· Consult with external experts
· Build and further institutionalise M&E capacities at HQ, in the field offices and with partners
Requirements and skills
· Advanced degree in Economics, Business, Social Sciences or related field
· Proven multi-year experience in M&E of large, multi-activity, international projects in the fields of SME development, entrepreneurship, youth employment, or local economic development
· 5-10 years of experience in SME development programming, entrepreneurship, youth employment, or local economic development
· Good knowledge of basic research methods and statistics; experience with (quasi-) experimental impact evaluations
· Experience in M&E of lobby and advocacy programmes is a distinct advantage
· Experience working in developing countries essential, with experience in (post) conflict countries is a distinct advantage
· Flexibility to travel and work across different countries
· Good verbal and written language skills in English and Dutch. Knowledge of French or Arabic is an advantage
· Experience with providing training is an advantage
· Good communication and social skills and ability to (net)work in multicultural settings
· Good team worker while able to work independently
· Work permit for the Netherlands
· A contract for 24 hours a week, with a duration of 12 months, with the possibility for extension
· Remuneration depending on education and experience between 3200 and 3700 euro gross a month for a 40 hrs working week
· International and challenging environment
· Dynamic working experience
· Training opportunities
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, please visit the SPARK website: www.spark-online.org. If interested, please send your letter of motivation and your CV to email@example.com up and until the 28th of February 2017. Reference: Vacancy M&E Manager. For questions please contact Michel Richter at +.31.20.7530311.