STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
First University degree in Social science, Statistics, demography, Economics, Development or any related discipline with additional 3 years of relevant work experience in project monitoring and evaluation.
National Professional: Fluency in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
This job reports to the Head of Monitoring & Evaluation and is likely to be part of a team where senior support is readily available and may supervise a small number of junior staff to ensure that activities and project objectives are achieved in full.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Support monitoring and evaluation activities within a country of field office, ensuring that WFP programmes generate quality evidence on the outcomes and effects of WFP’s food assistance activities on the lives of beneficiaries with which to inform operational decision making and strategic reorientation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of all food assistance interventions (e.g. beneficiary needs and status, food security status, programme modalities, implementation challenges, etc.).
- Review and give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for new programmes and budget revisions to ensure that plans are risk-based and focus on measuring results (e.g. checking monitoring and evaluation budgets are allocated and appropriate log-frame indicators and outcome targets are documented).
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and to enhance WFPs ability to demonstrate outcome focussed results.
- Produce frequent monitoring and evaluation progress reports with status of results and implementation of improvements.
- Follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/or adjustments are made to programme responses as required.
- Train national and partner staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to build capacity of staff, increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation and encourage accountability for demonstrating results.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the data quality, accuracy and consistency to build credible performance evidence.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to support performance planning and risk analysis, emergency preparedness, security risk management and risk mitigation activities.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Cultivated sustainable relationships with local NGOs, government authorities, and other implementation partners.
- Has research experience using variety of analytical tools and methods for causality analysis, forecasting, and other data modeling needs.
- Performed monitoring, evaluations and assessments at multiple field locations.