The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) WFP is recognized as the leading solution provider and partner in the struggle to end hunger and malnutrition and particularly for its efforts to reach those furthest behind first.
Being the frontline agency of the United Nations system that delivers innovative hunger solutions to 81 countries each day worldwide; WFP’s 14,800+ strong staff share a vision and commitment to end hunger by 2030. Tackling the causes -- not just the symptoms – and operating in the remotest corners of the world, with all logistical means necessary, WFP’s results-focussed team provides nutritious and life-saving food and cash assistance when necessary. Bringing unrivalled experience and operating in the world’s most high profile, difficult environments, WFP upholds the humanitarian principles of humanity, integrity impartiality and neutrality.
In successfully achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG 2) i.e Zero Hunger by 2030, the WFP team actively fosters partnerships with governments, communities, local authorities, civil societies, other UN agencies and the private sector.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Master's Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Development Economics, Performance Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or other related fields.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of all food assistance interventions
- Design and undertake regular review of Country Office (CO) logframes/results framework and Monitoring Reporting and Evaluation (MER) plan.
- Ensure that the Monitoring, Review and Evaluation framework, appropriately capture and reflect implementation challenges as well as the actual changes in people’s life quality.
- Support the effective implementation of the CSP monitoring, review and evaluation plan, applying operational knowledge of development, implementation and monitoring of various transfer modalities and Capacity Strengthening activities.
- Lead in the development and review of CSP activity monitoring system.
- Ensure that collection of monitoring data at all levels are utilising various monitoring methods and tools, statistical applications, digital corporate solutions and systems for data collection and reporting.
- Translate monitoring findings into recommendations and action plans to inform performance planning, country office risk management and risk mitigation activities.
- Incorporate adequate M&E provisions into all Field Level Agreements (FLAs).
- Assist in sourcing, hiring and supervising external consultants to ensure the production of evaluations that meet EQAS requirements.
- Liaise and collaborate with the counterparts form other UN organizations as well as professional evaluation bodies to discuss common monitoring and evaluation issues.
- Provide assurance that standards set for quality, time and budget are appropriately met.
- Monitor and track financial disbursements and provide assurance that allocated funds are being utilized on achieving planned outputs and expenditures are submitted on time.
- Provide oversight and technical support to the sub office in ensuring that monitoring activities are aligned to CO and cooperate needs.
- Review and provide feedback on Monitoring, Review, and Evaluation for new Activity and Budget Revisions, to ensure that plans are risk-based, that they include Gender and Protection aspects, and that adequate funds are earmarked for M&E activities.
- Lead a team of staff to implement activity work streams, provide on-the-job experience and support skill-augmentation and learning.
- Supervise assigned team members/staff with focus on individual performance management and career development.
- Support WFP’s evaluation culture of accountability and learning through analysis of evaluation evidence and lessons; preparation of syntheses and/or summaries of evaluation findings and recommendations; and contribute to preparing presentations of these, adapting messages to specific audiences and platforms.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to enhance learning from and use of evaluation evidence in policy, programme and project design.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Previous experience in humanitarian or development contexts
- Cultivated sustainable relationships with local NGOs, government authorities, and other implementation partners.
- Has research experience using variety of analytical tools and methods for causality analysis, forecasting, and other data modeling needs.
- Performed monitoring, evaluations and assessments at multiple field locations.