Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
UN Children's Fund, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the guidance of the PMU Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, the incumbent will support the development of project monitoring systems for conditional and non-conditional cash-based interventions. Monitor the progress and quality of the implementation process and regularly report the findings; contributing towards an effective implementation process in all PMU hubs in Yemen. To achieve this, he/she will be required to be familiar with project operational manuals and technical annexes, Standard Operational Procedures; Specifically, the protocols and procedures and the deliverables of each service provider in line with the agreed terms of implementation.
To make a difference, the M & E Officer will perform the following key functions/ accountabilities:
- Ensure Partners have a well-prioritized and realistic Monitoring Plan
- Conduct analysis of reported challenges, identify trends on issues arising and problematic areas
- Maintains efficient filing of data and updates on project activities
- Develop a field monitoring work plan for all qualitative monitoring mechanisms
- Conduct field monitoring and analysis of selected cases by the PMU
- Plan and participate in training activities provided by PMU Management
- Organize stock-taking and review exercise to document lessons
- Any other tasks as reasonably assigned by the PMU Leadership
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, statistics, planning and development management. A Bachelor’s degree in related discipline plus five years of professional experience could be considered in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation
- Three years of relevant professional work experience in developing country
- Experience in emergency programming, including preparedness planning and active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred.
- Experience in conditional cash-based intervention in the Education sector is an added asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in the Arabic language is an asset.