Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
World Food Programme , New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
In coordination with the WFP India Country Office and DMEO, NITI Aayog, Government of India, the post holder will be responsible to carry out the jointly agreed activities. S/he will be responsible for understanding the requirements of the DMEO and provide customized approach documents/concept notes to them. The post holder shall also be responsible for customizing WFP tools, technical notes for the monitoring and evaluation needs of the country in discussion with WFP India Country Office and DMEO. S/he also will be responsible for assessing the M&E capacity of states and union territories in the areas of SDG 2.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Under the direct supervision of the Director, DMEO, NITI Aayog, Government of India and under the technical supervision of the Head of the Evidence and Results Unit, WFP India Country Office, the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible to perform the following duties:
- Provide strategic and technical support to DMEO in the preparation of national monitoring and evaluation policy, among others, by sharing global experiences along with other stakeholders.
- It requires co-ordination with relevant stakeholders for compilation of existing studies and documentation on best global practices in the areas of national monitoring and evaluation policy. It also requires working jointly with DMEO and other relevant stakeholders in drafting the national monitoring and evaluation policy.
- Provide technical support in developing the toolkits for assessment, evaluation, impact evaluation, reviews and monitoring.
- Compile WFP toolkits, technical notes and SOPs of evaluation, review, impact evaluation, assessment and monitoring and help them in uploading them on DMEO website. Customize the toolkits as per the need of the Government of India and its line ministries. Assist in identifying learning sites and “demonstration models” and coordinate with state/union territories government to facilitate cross learning.
- Provide technical support in conducting joint studies/ evaluation with DMEO for generating evidence in the areas of SDG 2.
- Identify key issues of food and nutrition security for undertaking joint evaluation/studies/assessment with DMEO. It will require preparing Concept Note/proposal and ToR, constituting Technical Advisory Committee, its completion and dissemination.
- Provide capacity building support in the field of improving M&E ecosystem in the country.
- Provide technical and managerial support in organizing seminars/workshops on M&E with other stakeholders. Provide technical support in preparing modules/tools for capacity building on M&E for national and state level officials. Document key lessons learnt from the capacity building activities.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Post graduate degree or above in the field of Food Security,Economics / Development Economics, Data Science, Statistics, Public Health, Nutrition, Public Policy or any other related field. Specialization is required in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- A good working experience in the usage of MS office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc) is essential. A working knowledge of internet and Microsoft Outlook is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills in English (speak, read & write) and Hindi (speak & read).
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience at management positions in the field of M&E and Research, of which at least 3 years of experience is in working with the government to ensure effective delivery of objectives.
- Strong technical capacity and experience in working with several statistical tools and methods for evaluation, including impact evaluation, research and monitoring.
- Experience in undertaking PAN-India study.
- Thorough knowledge of monitoring and evaluation systems of the country and also of other countries.
- Performed monitoring, evaluations and assessments at multiple field locations.
- Capacity to organize a multi-stakeholder large dissemination workshop/seminar.
- Cultivated sustainable relationships with government authorities, NGOs, research agencies, academia and other implementation partners.
- Demonstrated capability of effective communication suited to variety of audience (ability to communicate technical reports to a non-technical audience) and collaborating with multiple partners.
- Experience in working independently with minimum supervision, often in fluid and ambiguous situations will be required.
- Experience working in international organizations, embassies, multi-cultural environments is preferred.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
The post holder should:
- possess strong technical, analytical and problems solving skills;
- have the ability to think through complex issues to conceptualize, design and execute action plans;
- demonstrate passion and motivation with the ability to manage complexities, multiple tasks with commitment to deliver against multiple, tight deadlines at work;
- be an excellent team player with an ability to work collaboratively, share information and build strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds while focusing on impact and results;
- have excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation and documentation skills with a focus on effective procedural documentation;
- have maturity and presence required to effectively participate and contribute in meetings with senior government officials.