Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
KNCV, The Hague, Netherlands
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer has the combined responsibility for project and institutional M&E.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer reports to the Technical Director in the Technical Division.
As M&E Officer you will:
- Develop and follow up on the M&E strategic implementation plan of existing projects;
- Review project work plans, budgets and reports from a M&E perspective;
- Develop and implement a data quality assurance system for the project at all levels;
- Conduct and oversee data collection;
- Support project partners and staff in M&E related work through country field visits and virtual assistance;
- Participate in project teams; as technical project lead the M&E Officer is co-responsible with the grant manager for the quality of project implementation
- Support the dissemination of project results at various global, regional and country level platforms and scientific publications;
- Ensure linking and learning between the different KNCV project countries, with a focus on replicability of best practices and lessons learned, and facilitate the sharing of these experiences;
- Strengthen KNCV’s institutional and strategic M&E by contributing to the further development of KNCV’s M&E performance;
- Support the development of a data base for collecting data for institutional M&E purpose;
- Liaise with technical partners
The job requires frequent travel (at least 25 % of the time).
Who are we looking for?
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field, preferably public health
- More than 5 years of experience in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Knowledge of planning and monitoring processes;
- Experience in each of the following areas:
- Design and implement M&E systems for TB, HIV/AIDS and/or other health programs;
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative health data sets;
- Support data collection teams/staff;
- Manage the utilization of the data for project and other reporting;
- Dissemination of project results;
- International working experience is an advantage.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Networking, diplomacy and coordination;
- Excellent oral and written English skills, other relevant language skills are an advantage;
- Ability to work-proactively and work well in a team;
- Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationships among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance;
- Ability to work independently within a set policy framework of responsibilities and assignments;
- Ability to travel frequently abroad for up to 25%.