Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Specialist
Winrock International, Lilongwe, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
Winrock is seeking MERL Specialist candidates for the upcoming USAID-funded Malawi REFRESH initiative. This initiative is a fisheries restoration intervention to foster ecosystem based and participatory fisheries management in Lake Malawi.
Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Design a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system to support a large USAID-funded project; this will include defining indicators and setting targets in collaboration with project staff and USAID.
- Train and manage staff to collect, analyze and verify M&E data, which requires frequent travel.
- Conduct data verification, analysis, and management.
- Provide M&E training and support to technical teams.
- Manage the baseline assessments.
- Monitor data for results, impact and learning opportunities, and evaluates the results and impact of the program.
- Prepare M&E data for quarterly reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Post-graduate degree (Master’s Degree or higher) in social science, development economics, statistics or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in M&E of international, multilateral, and/or USG-funded programs.
- Experience supporting natural resources management and biodiversity projects with a fisheries focus.
- Experience in understanding and interpreting Results based frameworks and capturing and analyzing performance indicators at output, outcome and impact levels.
- Demonstrated capacity in performance management and data interpretation and report writing.
- Experience in the design, conduct and analysis of research studies (quantitative and qualitative).
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously as part of a team with other staff.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills for building and maintaining good relationships with government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Experience with database development and management in Access (or something similar).
- Experience using mapping (e.g., Arc-GIS etc.), and statistical analysis software (SPSS®, Epi STATA®, SAS®, or similar).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.