The positions is located in the FAO Project Office in Peshawar. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with International Project Coordinator & Chief Technical Advisor, and close coordination with M&E Specialist/officer at FAO Representation Office Islamabad, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for performing the following duties:
Development, standardization and deployment of tools that capture quantitative and qualitative data for monitoring, evaluation and reporting under the defined project indicators in Results Frameworks of KP Programme.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Undertake all M&E activities for FAO projects in tribal districts of KP;
- Assist project team in project designing, logical framework and project work plan development;
- Develop/update monitoring and evaluation plans and ensure application of result based management (RBM) approach;
- Develop M&E tools for data collection and provide training to enumerators/project staff in monitoring and data collection;
- Manage and update beneficiary database and validate the data through conducting spot check;
- Update FAO Field Programme Management and Information System (FPMIS) on regular basis;
- Take a lead role in conducting project surveys, focus group discussions (FGDs), key informant interviews (KIIs), case studies and other project related studies;
- Assist in preparing quarterly, six monthly and annual reports;
- Conduct periodic/unscheduled field visits to obtain beneficiary feedback and prepare monitoring reports to ensure timely, equitable and transparent delivery of assistance to beneficiaries;
- Perform any other relevant M&E task as advised by the supervisor
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s degree in Economics, Sociology, Public Administration, Project Management and Development Studies. Courses in Monitoring & Evaluation, Business, Organizational Studies, Information Design, Statistics, Economics and related fields will be a plus.
- Minimum 7 years' experience related to the above duties and responsibilities
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English. Good knowledge of Urdu, Balochi and Pashtu;
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high-pressure environment.
- Familiar with FAO procedures, possess strong supervisory, communication, team building and computing skills (word processing, spreadsheets and data-bases).
- Thorough working knowledge of reporting requirements and M&E frameworks of international donors/USAID/UN is a must.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point etc) is essential
- Experience with database development and management in MS Access, project management, mapping and statistical analysis software (MS Project, SPSS, Stata, SAS or similar) is a plus.
Selection Criteria: Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above. Preference should be given to local candidates.