Monitoring / Evaluation Specialist
Poverty Eradication Initiative(PEI), Quetta, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Monitoring and evaluation Specialist provides technical assistance in: general program monitoring and evaluation in project. developing indicators for monitoring performance; developing and maintaining the Performance Management Plan and project-level monitoring and evaluation plans; supporting project design; producing annual reports on project performance; and supporting project to learn from and make decisions based on monitoring and evaluation data.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead the project in establishing performance measures, collecting and analyzing performance information, planning and managing evaluations and assisting the Mission management in using the performance information for decision-making and resource allocation.
- Advise Assistance/Development Objective Teams and Senior Management in designing and planning for evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Coordinate the creation and review of the Program, Design and Learning budget to provide adequate financial resources for evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Provide input into the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Coordinate the creation of a project Performance Monitoring Plan including assessing the validity of the information and indicators that contribute to that plan.
- Coordinate the regular review of progress towards achieving Assistance Objectives/Development Objectives by Senior Management through program reviews, portfolio reviews or other processes.
- Seek ways to streamline the process and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information.
- Coordinate the process for updating policy and procedure documents in the areas of monitoring and evaluation to align with the most current Polices and requirements. Seek ways to increase transparency of project system of reviewing results and use of performance information.
- Work as a Point of Contact for Evaluation in the project and provide guidance to technical teams on issues related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Communicate with the respective members on issues related with monitoring and evaluation.
- Manage evaluation contracts and agreements.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of activities; this may involve reviewing work plans, quarterly reports, participating in field visits, initiating regular portfolio reviews and contributing to program evaluations
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis, project design, monitoring, and evaluation of development activities.
- Experience developing results frameworks, logical frameworks, or similar tools for project design is required.
- Experience developing and/or using performance management plans or similar tools is required. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in monitoring and evaluating programs—including indicator development, study design, and data analysis—in multiple sectors.
- Experience using knowledge management software or database is highly desired. Experience managing grants or contracts is also highly desired.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills.
- Ability to create organizational work plans based on higher-level goals.
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple offices through multiple step processes without being a direct supervisor (although appropriate authority will be given)
- Skills in supporting staff with a variety of levels of knowledge and capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills in order to balance competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Oral and written communication skills to deal effectively with mid and high level partner contacts, the host government, and the local communities.
- Ability to apply regulations and procedures to daily work requirements
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management
- The Specialist is expected to exercise initiative and independent judgment based on his/her comprehensive knowledge of development programs.
- The Specialist must also exercise competent business judgment in dealing effectively with internal and external clients.
- He/she exercises initiative and independence in performing standard duties in full compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and procedures.
Source to Apply: https://www.rozee.pk/poverty-eradication-initiative-pei-monitoring-evaluation-specialist-quetta-jobs-699518.php?utm_source=jobSearch&utm_medium=websit...