Norwegian Refugee Council, Donetsk, Ukraine
Closing Date for Applications:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and report activities in accordance with established patrol plans and other assigned activities.
- Gather information on the general and security situation in the area of responsibility.
- Contribute to analytical work
- Lead patrols or other related activities occasionally
- Maintaine constructive relations with regional and local authorities
- Liaise and co-operate with relevant international organizations
- Serve as an intermediary/mediator to facilitate dialogue on the ground when necessary
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of four years of relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience.
- Negotiating experience.
- Strong analysis and report-writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, different professional experiences, and diverse political views.
- Ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities
- Ability to assess the situation and react rapidly, taking appropriate action.
- Capability to translate events into concise and accurate oral and written reports.
- Professional fluency in the English language, both oral and written.
- Readiness to deploy to various locations within Ukraine.
- Possession of a valid driving license for and ability to drive using a manual transmission.
- Ability to operate Windows applications including word processing and email.
- Working knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian language(s)
- Experience in the monitoring of ceasefire regimes and/or identification of weapons systems
- Experience in working in Eastern Europe
- Possession of 'Class C' driving license and experience in off-road (4WD) driving.
- A first-level university degree in political sciences, social sciences, human rights, law, international relations, public policy, security studies, risk, disaster or emergency management, or any other related field(s)
- Graduate of a national military or police academy.