UNICEF works in some of the most difficult places in the world to reach the most disadvantaged children in the world. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them realize their potential.
In 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
How can you make a difference ...
Under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist based at the UNICEF office in Niamey, the incumbent will be responsible for the creation and management of the Niger Office databases. The incumbent will also help to identify, assess the relevance and integrate information and communication technologies (ICT) in the programmatic processes of the Niger-UNICEF program, to strengthen internal capacities to guide and support related initiatives. technology for development (T4D) and to maximize the possibilities for scaling up and deployment of T4D. This function will contribute to program planning and implementation, monitoring and evaluation of interventions,
Main functions, responsibilities and related powers / duties
Establishment of standards for monitoring program execution
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities related to the design and management of the database system, including national databases (design, development, training, and management).
- Maintain a database of social indicators and tools necessary for monitoring the situation and of children and women within the framework of the Country Program.
- Promote the use of new tools to collect, organize, integrate and analyze data and information, including for real-time monitoring.
- Provide technical support, where necessary, to the statistical data management process across all program components and with implementing partners (including the NSI), to facilitate the use of the data for planning and reporting on progress in accordance with relevant guidelines & procedures.
Policy and strategy development
- Contribute to the development of an innovation strategy and a technology for development (T4D) strategy for the Country Office, including the assessment of gaps, opportunities and standards in T4D, then , develop a scaling strategy for the Niger Country Office.
- Work with program sections and UNICEF partners to identify innovative projects based on free, mobile and social technologies.
- Support the development and implementation of innovative projects that meet the needs of program components and those of implementing partners and / or strengthen current initiatives (RapidPro, mHealth, Data Must Speak, RapidSMS, TrackIt, etc. .) in partnership with various stakeholders, in line with new trends in overall T4D efforts.
- Design and implement tools based on the geographic information system (GIS) in support of the program and in collaboration with government structures.
- Strengthen the capacity of the Office and partners in the analysis of data generated by T4D initiatives, including the use of data visualization techniques and analysis tools related to T4D activities for children in Niger.
- Work closely with UNICEF staff to identify and assess programmatic challenges, relevance and adequacy of potential technological solutions, and make recommendations on initiatives related to T4D.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to improve skills, abilities and knowledge in the context of digital development programs.
- Train UNICEF staff, implementing partners, government counterparts and other end users in digital development and technological innovation.
Coordination and networking
- Collaborate, with focal points or planning and M&E officers of other agencies of the United Nations system, in the overall coordination of priority M&E activities, including data collection and management for both development programs and for humanitarian programs.
- Provide technical and operational support to various stakeholders and partners on UNICEF's technology for development policies, practices, rules and standards.
- Work with stakeholders to assist in the development of standards, procedures and partnerships for T4D interventions.
Innovation and knowledge management
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned from technology for development to integrate into broader planning and knowledge development management efforts.
- Design and implement knowledge management systems for the cooperation program (inventory, archiving and sharing of surveys, studies and evaluations).
- Maintain an inventory of interventions, assets, resources and networks in terms of digital development and technological innovation.
- Provide documentation and clear monitoring mechanisms for innovation and T4D projects, including baseline data collection and ongoing monitoring.
As an advocate for each child, you should have ...
- A graduate degree in information technology management, international relations, statistics, development planning or another area of the social sciences is required.
- Justify at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in the field of social development analysis and programming. Relevant experience in M&E of programs in an agency or development organization is an asset.
- Proven good experience with ICT equipment, mobile technologies, in particular the design or deployment of tools adapted to low bandwidth environments.
- Experience with commonly used mobile technologies and other technologies of global public interest as well as the deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
- Fluency in French is required. Knowledge of English is desirable.