Purpose of the Post
The incumbent monitors management and programme performance of the Regional Office and of the Country Offices in the region, and coordinates and supports reporting against the UNICEF Strategic Framework 2018-2021, Regional Priorities 2018-2021, and ESA ROMP 2018- 2021.
The incumbent helps strengthen the capacity of UNICEF to demonstrate results and value-for-money (VfM) through support to countries on results-based management (RBM) initiative and VfM analysis and affordability of country programmes, in collaboration with Operations section.
Lastly, the incumbent contributes to the strengthening of monitoring and reporting capacities in the region, through the organization of workshops, sharing of lessons learned, quality assurance and technical assistance to Country Offices.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Monitoring of Programme and Management Performance and Accountability
- Capacity Building in Results-Based Management and in monitoring
- Coordination and Networking
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in social sciences, statistics, planning development, planning, public administration, business administration or a related technical field.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience in monitoring, data analysis and evaluation.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in activity and results monitoring, data analysis, and reporting.
- Knowledge of the latest programme monitoring and evaluation theory, methodology, technology and tools.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing monitoring tools for the UN, nonprofit organizations and/or private sector companies, tracking their success and analyzing results;
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills;
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office, in particular Powerpoint, Excel and/or analytics and presentation software
- Experience in reporting on qualitative and quantitative analytics.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or Portuguese an asset.