CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that addresses development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include monitoring, evaluation and learning, public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a Monitoring Team Lead for the upcoming USAID’s Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity. The Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity will be a central platform for ensuring that development activities funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through the delivery of strong performance, evaluation, learning, and adaptive management services.
This positing is contingent upon contract award.
The Monitoring Team Lead will be responsible for the overall management and functioning of all third-party monitoring activities. This includes:
- Overseeing all aspects of third party monitoring activities, such as planning, budgeting, recruitment of consultants, designing and implementing each assigned activity.
- Identifying appropriate staffing levels.
- Securing appropriate qualified staff.
- Managing an internal local team of monitoring specialists, and external short-term consultants.
- Providing relevant technical guidance.
- Leading consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners.
- Identifying and executing appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- A Master’s or higher degree is preferred in organizational learning, organizational behavior, public policy or administration, business administration, research methods, management, development administration, knowledge management, political science, international relations or related field, or other fields closely related to international development.
- At least ten (10) years of international development experience involved in either monitoring and evaluation; project management; project design, or strategy development.
- Experience in both qualitative study and quantitative survey design and implementation.
- At least five (5) years of experience in leading and implementing monitoring methods and tools in third-party monitoring projects.
- Strong data analysis, English report writing, and presentation skills.
- Able to effectively manage activities in a multi-cultural environment.
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working with USAID is preferred.
- Experience working in South Asia is desired.