The primary objective of the Bangladesh MEL is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services/assistance, and build the capacity of USAID/Bangladesh staff, implementing partners and the Government of Bangladesh (GOB). By pursuing this, USAID/Bangladesh will gradually become a learning, adaptive organization that is responsive to effective development. This five-year activity will provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support services, further strengthening the implementation of USAID/Bangladesh’s development strategy.
SI is seeking a full-time Monitoring Team Lead to support our team in third party monitoring activities and lead consultations with implementing partners and USAID/Bangladesh staff.
Please note: Bangladeshi citizens are highly encouraged to apply.
- Responsible for overall management and functioning of all third party monitoring activities, including staff engaged in such activities.
- Oversee all aspects of third party monitoring activities, such as planning and budgeting for each assigned activity, identifying appropriate staffing levels, securing appropriate qualified staff, providing relevant technical guidance.
- Lead consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners.
- Identify and execute appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Master's degree or higher is preferred in research methods, social science, development or a related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience is preferred in the monitoring of international development projects, preferably in developing countries; project management; research methods; and project design.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing monitoring and verification systems, methods, and tools.
- At least five years of supervisory experience required.
- Must have knowledge of international best practices in both qualitative study and quantitative survey design and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in leading and implementing monitoring methods and tools in third-party monitoring projects.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and report writing, as well as excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Experience working in Bangladesh is desired.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.