Danish Refugee Council, Barranquilla, Colombia
Closing Date for Applications:
General objective of the position
- Under the supervision of the MPCA Team Leader and technical supervision, the MPCA Officer, the Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance (MPCA) Assistant, will be responsible for the effective and professional performance of the MPCA field activities.
Implementation of the Multipurpose Cash Project
- Participate in the implementation of specific MPCA activities (80% field work and 20% alternation between office and home work are estimated).
- Implement the plans and indications suggested from the different areas of the Organization.
Programming and Operations
- Perform registration of beneficiaries, according to the indications and requirements of the program.
- Establish telephone contact with users for the establishment of appointments, calls, and gathering and / or provision of information.
- Carry out awareness and information sessions in the community.
- Deliver MPCA assistance during enrollment days.
- Participate actively in the creation of proposals, content, and activities developed by the work team.
- Identify cases of special attention and refer to the relevant programs and / or entities.
- Participate in the preparation of reports and proposals.
- Other relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor
Required experience and skills :
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in humanitarian protection, social work, human rights or other similar field work, related to an NGO or other non-profit organization
- Field experience and work with urban, and / or rural, and / or indigenous communities
- Experience and ability to interview people of all ages and backgrounds, addressing cases of high emotional impact.
- Good tablet and computer skills
- Good skills in MS Word and Excel
- Willingness and ability to learn
- High capacity for self-management and time management
- Experience with standard procedures and guidelines
- Specific experience in development and implementation of ACPM programs
- Calm and diplomatic character.
- Ability to deal with cases of high emotional charge.
- Preferably relevant university degree (eg political science, law, international development, social work, psychology, human rights), Bachelor, Technician or Technologist with relevant experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Spanish (required)
- Comprehension of the English language (desirable)