MSME Digitalization Coordinator
International Labour Organization, Manila, Philippines
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The MSME Digitalization Coordinator will work under general supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) who will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of all aspects of the project. The incumbent will receive technical guidance and support from the CTA as well as relevant technical specialists at the Country Office for the Philippines (CO-Manila), DWT-Bangkok and from ENTERPRISES and LABADMIN/OSH of ILO HQ.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the CTA on effective coordination and planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities related to the MSME Digitalization including in particular the operationalization of the Innovation Hubs and satellites, and the training and advisory services, in conformity with ILO policies and project strategies, and in accordance with ILO programming guidelines and country/action programs, and administrative and financial procedures, in consultation with the responsible field office if applicable. Provide accurate, timely and complete information on the status of project activities relevant to OSH to the CTA.
- Plan, organize and conduct seminars, workshops, training and meetings and consultations on the digitalization for MSMEs including the informal ones. This may involve the development/adaptation of training and capacity building guides, manuals and other knowledge sharing materials.
- Coordinate with the CTA and the rest of the project team for the effective management of funds/budget assigned to the project, particularly of the MSME Digitalization component. Provide accurate, timely and complete information on the status of project activities relevant to the digitalization of MSMEs to the CTA.
- Assist the CTA in managing efficiently the human resources of the project including recruitment, performance and talent management aspects as far as the MSME Digitalization component is concerned.
Technical leadership and advice:
- Provide technical support to the project team and when/if necessary to the stakeholders of the project including relevant government agencies and other key institutions in the area of MSME Digitalization covering such areas as the connectivity and the training fit for the digital economy on entrepreneurship, e-commerce strategies, financial literacy and so on, subject to the prioritization of the training programmes with the national stakeholders. This may involve the following among others:
- Development and operationalization of the Innovation Hubs and their links to the local satellites to provide the internet connectivity, co-working spaces, training, back office and advisory support to the MEMEs outside of the Metro Manila.
- Design, adaptation and implementation of training and capacity building guides, manuals and other knowledge sharing materials.
- Provision of technical inputs at seminars, workshops, training and meetings and consultations on the digitalization of MSMEs.
- Missions to the project sites, as part of capacity building processes and technical support to constituents and stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities (continuation)
Advocacy, networking and partnership:
- Assist the CTA in fostering contacts and relations with governments, ministries, employers' and workers' organizations, non-governmental organizations, target groups and donors, and promote opportunities for collaboration towards planning and implementation of programme activities as far as they are related to the MSME Digitalization. Identify new opportunities for collaboration with the stakeholders on the digitalization of MSMEs including the informal ones at various levels, and promote and facilitate coordination between them.
- Assist the CTA in liaising with other UN agencies counterparts to promote ILO's values, increase the project's visibility and facilitate the scaling-up of the project's interventions. Ensure a more effective coordination with a range of relevant national policies and strategies of various projects, including those being undertaken by other agencies or in complementary fields of activity.
- Promote ILO policies in the related technical areas of the project/program, other fundamental rights at work and the relevant International Labour Standards in collaboration with other technical/labour standards specialists.
Mobilization of resources:
- Assist the CTA and CO-Manila in promoting relationships with multi-lateral and bilateral donor community and oversee and monitor resource mobilization proposals in coordination with the responsible country office and the Partnerships and Field Support (PARDEV) in HQ.
- Knowledge management:
- Assist the CTA in developing and reviewing project / program information materials from the MSME Digitalization perspective.
- Assist the CTA in ensuring the development of information systems covering ILO technical activities covered by the project / programme, preparing periodic and ad hoc reports on the status of program planning and implementation, and establishing coordination with concerned ILO departments and programs as far as they are concerned with MSME Digitalization. This will involve the development and dissemination of data collection tools, and support research activities and case studies to identify good practices.
- Coordinate with the CTA, the rest of the project team and the concerned ILO specialists and CO-Manila team to identify training needs and organize training workshops and meetings for the tripartite partners, NGOs, other agencies, target groups and staff as appropriate to reinforce the professional capabilities as far as they are concerned with MSME Digitalization -related activities of the project.
- Assist the CTA in representing the Office at project meetings, seminars and evaluations and building and enhancing strategic partnerships and sub-regional networks of government policymakers, worker’s and employer’s organizations and civil society organizations.
- Assist the CTA in developing lessons-learned reflection spaces (either by documents, conferences, webinars, etc.) on the technical components implemented, with the purpose of scaling solutions up for further projects in the Philippines and by the ILO.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the CTA or the CO-Manila Director.
- First level university degree in economics, management, social science, medical science, engineering or a related field with complementary or specialization studies on MSME development, entrepreneurship, e-commerce, financial literacy or related subjects.
- At least two years’ experience in the fields of MSME development and/or productivity, preferably covering such topics as entrepreneurship, finance, marketing and business management.
- It would be preferrable if the candidate possesses the hands-on knowledge of the MSME challenges under the COVID-19 crisis or other major epidemic of the past, including the small and informal businesses. In particular, it would be a plus to have the knowledge and insights on MSME digitalization as an effective response to the pandemic.
- Familiarity with ILO policies and procedures including experience working with officials of ministries of labour and/or concerned thematic areas would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and Filipino/Tagalog.