This position is located in FAO Representation Office in Islamabad, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, under direct supervision of the Deputy FAO Representative and in close collaboration with FAO Communication Officer and FAO Program team , the incumbent as part of the FAO Communication team and under the lead of Communication Officer, will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- At all times, the incumbent shall ensure coherence with FAO’s corporate communication policy and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs.
- To assist in implementing the overall communication strategy of FAO Pakistan with a focus on FAO activities in Pakistan.
- To support and assist Communications at FAO Pakistan Representation in visibility, outreach and advocacy Project.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design complex graphics and animation, using independent judgment, creativity, and computer equipment.
- Design Templates, brochures, layouts, and other IEC material according to the activities going on in the field under all FAO ongoing and upcoming projects including GCF.
- Apply story development, directing, cinematography, and editing to animation to create storyboards that show the flow of the animation and map out key scenes and characters.
- Prepare quality documentaries covering all interventions under the ongoing/upcoming projects (wheat, Maize, rice, kitchen gardening, raised bed platform, irrigation infrastructure rehabilitation and CSA practices etc.) including one providing an overview.
- Script, plan, and create animated narrative sequences under tight deadlines, using computer software and hand drawing techniques.
- Develop briefings, brochures, leaflets, multimedia presentations, web pages, promotional products, technical illustrations, and computer artwork for use in products, technical manuals, literature, newsletters and slide shows.
- Prepare case studies with photographic coverage from Field.
- Setup of Stalls on different events organized by FAO and producing banners, adverts, brochures and standees for it.
- Designing pictorial animations and also themes for various campaigns for targeting high profile media in Pakistan and donor countries.
- Develop vector-based logos for different ongoing/upcoming projects of FAO.
- Develop branding/packaging for the inputs to be distributed amongst different project beneficiaries of FAO and for all FAO workshops with Information Resources Assistant and under the supervision of FAO Communications Officer
- Prepare pictorial stories of project beneficiaries.
- Update the photo database with captioning all the photos and organizing the photo libraries.
- Required to operate with tight deadlines, including travel in all parts of the country
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Master’s degree in Multi Media Arts, Graphics Designing, Computer Arts
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Good knowledge of Urdu and Pashtu, and a good working knowledge of English and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and perform works of visual arts
- Knowledge of design techniques and tools involved in production of drawings and models.
- Knowledge of Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, processors, Flash and Free hand chips, IN page, Adobe Illustrator, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Sound hands on experience of video editing software's such as: Adobe premiere, Adobe after-effect, Final cut pro, Sound forge, windows movie maker.
- Sound knowledge of Dreamweaver and other website designing soft wares.
- S/he should have good writing skills, analytical capacity, and fluency in written and spoken English; in general possess good communication skills.
- Must have a high sense of responsibility, work precisely and pay great attention to details;
- Candidate must have the ability to work harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong communication skills and strong spirit of teamwork.
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered an added asset.
- Strong writing & communications skills.
Selection Criteria: Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.